Going French...Nuclear to Wunderbar

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
From the French Island website.....
"The island is also host to a healthy koala population. Koalas were introduced in the early part of the 20th century

" and the island now boasts one of the leading chlamydia-free populations in Australia."

Good to hear! :thumbs:[/QUOTE]

They WERE talking about the Koalas wern't they??...:eek:

twowheeler

two wheels are best
Always wanted to go there but never got around to it.

I reckon you've discovered the reason for lycra shorts with a padded chamois !

Great pics - thanks for posting up :clap:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Always wanted to go there but never got around to it.

I reckon you've discovered the reason for lycra shorts with a padded chamois !

Great pics - thanks for posting up :clap:

Same here...ahmm'ed and ahhh'ed about it on every second visit down the Peninsula/ PI, but never made the effort. If at all possible, byo bike, those rentals are diabolical. And your own Canola, of course...:chug:
Own bike is free-of-charge on the ferry and you're mobile straight off the jetty.

Not that the pickup-trip in the totally clapped-out Corolla/Pulsar/whatever-it-was-under-the-dust wasn't an adventure in itself :so.... on the return we just left the bikes under the roof of the Rangers Office near the jetty.

I reckon you'd love it....the old prison at the other end (opposite The Gurdies) needs prior warning/ booking and is quite a return ride (piece of cake for you!)
McLeod Prison
Address: McLeod Rd, French Island VIC 3921
Phone:(03) 5980 1224

As for the "monkey-pants"...I'll leave that for another time :oops::killingme

goodie

Own bike is free-of-charge on the ferry and you're mobile straight off the jetty.

Sorry to contradict you - bicycles will cost you $4 each way, $8 return. Still, a lot better than the $30 rental fee on an old rusty pushy with lots of "character"......

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
So return trips are 26 bucks for an adult, 12 for kids PLUS another 8 for ya bike. Thievin' buggers! You'd reckon the bike would be included in the adult fare. Probably vested interest in the bike hire business on the island.

http://ptv.vic.gov.au/getting-around/french-island-ferry/

At least they have an old age pensioners, I mean seniors, discount for Willo.

That's the score! I just assumed...but 8 bux for your own is definitely better than 30 bux for one of their rusted wrecks. W-)

Any which way....don't regret a single $$ spent that day, it's a unique place in many ways if only for the fact that "get-with-it-life" hasn't screwed it up yet and their clock sorta ticks backwards. Might be worth another visit in a few years just for that alone.
With a whoopee-cushion!!....and a can of Canola Supreme. :wink::bs

John_Johnny

Long Timer
Well I would like to try it with my Giant MTB. Less than 2 years until I get my seniors card, so maybe then. :whistle:

....and their clock sorta ticks backwards

Has anyone done King Island? I've heard people walk backwards and talk slowly there.
It's always been on my wish list. King Island Steak and lobster! :glu

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
So return trips are 26 bucks for an adult, 12 for kids PLUS another 8 for ya bike. Thievin' buggers! You'd reckon the bike would be included in the adult fare. Probably vested interest in the bike hire business on the island.

http://ptv.vic.gov.au/getting-around/french-island-ferry/

At least they have an old age pensioners, I mean seniors, discount for Willo.

Is there an additional fare for taking a walking frame on the ferry or can you hire one on the island?

Top Bottom