Touring XT Style

Williamson

Part of the furniture
XT Style

I rang around for comprehensive insurance, didn't think I could get "agreed value", young lady on the 'phone said the assessors would need to check it out.

Took the XT down to Preston this morning, must've line-up in the wrong queue, the nice man in the grey dust coat with the clip board said something along the lines of, "the cost of repairs exceeds the value of the bike, it's a write-off".

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? What have I got myself into?

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
XT Style

I rang around for comprehensive insurance, didn't think I could get "agreed value", young lady on the 'phone said the assessors would need to check it out.

Took the XT down to Preston this morning, must've line-up in the wrong queue, the nice man in the grey dust coat with the clip board said something along the lines of, "the cost of repairs exceeds the value of the bike, it's a write-off".

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? What have I got myself into?

Hang on! It was written off BEFORE you could insure it? :eek::eek:
How does that work? (scratch head).
What's in Preston, which "grey coat?"
And why pay comp insurance for a $ 1000bike? Any $200+ premium would be out of proportion to the value covered, surely?W-)
(considering the usual 200-500 bux excess in case of a claim, bringing the total-out-of-pocket expense to ~500-800 anyway)
3. party would be the go, or not?

Are you sure he was looking at the bike Willo?

:icon-maffick-:

(now things start to make sense :whistle::bees:)

Williamson

Part of the furniture
..... It was written off BEFORE you could insure it? ..... How does that work? .....

If I wanted an agreed value, they wanted to check / assess the bike first. One look at the bike and the guy thought it was such a wreck, he thought I was there for a claim.

.... And why pay comp insurance for a $1,000 bike?

I have since been on-line again and found a third party property damage quote of $102, the same company quotes $181 for comprehensive (agreed value of $1,400 plus $1,000 riding gear). Thus the way I look at it, the comprehensive cover may only cost me around $80. Both have a $400 excess.

Fixed it for you

Young man, I'll deal you later when you come to my office after classes.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
One look at the bike and the guy thought it was such a wreck, he thought I was there for a claim.

Copped a fuggwit then...some just wouldn't know their arse from their elbow.
Into chrome, was he? :killingme
You DID tell him that the XT didn't have a wash for the last 60 years, didncha?
And that some Austrian Evel Knievel pretzeled the living sh&^t out of it?
(which was worth the extra $10k of the agreed value)
:icon-maffick-:

I have since been on-line again and found a third party property damage quote of $102, the same company quotes $181 for comprehensive (agreed value of $1,400 plus $1,000 riding gear). Thus the way I look at it, the comprehensive cover may only cost me around $80. Both have a $400 excess.

Now, that sounds better.
Couldn't hide the XT under the "work-vehicle" cover of the Ranger and sent Doug another rates notice, could ya? :whistle: W-)

All good then? Missed a pearler today, perfect XT stuff....did we find some roads or what? :drool::drool:

asphalt

Tassie...where tyres are flat and nights are long
Don´t worry Michael :gday:
I have driven the XT in Tassie with great pleasure....
Want to You give a kindly agreement.

Have A nice Time
Hans

Top Bottom