[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Pete,
They are not drops on the lens they look more like dust bunnies. Time for a camera sensor clean methinks.

Think you're right.
Know anyone who can do a clean like that? I'm not really game to tackle the trusty, old Pana with a 24mm ring spanner...:wink:
Happy to spend a few bux with someone who knows what they're doing.

John_Johnny

Long Timer
Beautiful sight Pete. As the boats lay to rest and the Sun sets, it's actually rising on the other side of the world. Your photo brought the words to my favourite album to mind.......

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking*
Racing around to come up behind you again.*

24840566586_b0bb597956_b.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
We should have a photo comp Glitch.

Pick a dozen or so and put them in a poll.

Some of the contenders that immediately come to mind are Marty's photo from the hill looking down to Corryong and Dougie's photo of that remote beach on the lake in NZ.

Marty.. http://www.martyh.com/lychee/uploads/medium/895780659ecafdc51d6fee7d2c0a6873.jpg
and here... http://www.martyh.com/lychee/uploads/big/7c914b25ba221c4ea38df38b53e3e1cd.jpg

Sounds good to me...on the other hand, there are SOOOOOO MANY great pics slumbering away in the ride-reports, the choices are simply ENDLESS!!
Go through some of the stuff posted through the years and it could well turn into a shitfight about which pic is more "worthy" than another.

Would love a calendar with some of those shots here, though...Marty's and Kiwi's stuff have always been way-up-there, Nosoh hasn't been around for a while but had some pretty speccy stuff, Tim and Doug have endless "gems" ...so did Andrew/ Hayesy...Tassie-Tim + Tassie-Dave had a load of cracker Euro/ NZ shots....and Robbie's Honeymoon and NZ pics....Nev+Jo's cave-of-riches....just take one each of their pics and the calendar is nearly done.

A "comp" spells trouble, potentially....how about a "calendar-thread" with a quick vote on each "month" to keep things rolling?

Pics HAVE to be available in full, original resolution....otherwise they're not eligible (or usefull, in this case).

Anyone wants to take on this calendar business/ organize/ upload, collect pics from the various entrants etc etc....then proceed to get the calendars made/ laid-out/ printed/ distributed?

For the start, I'm on for at least 2....maybe the forum-coffers get a small $-kick out of it...but in the end, someone has to do the actual work (online as well as packing/ sending/ collecting $$, etc etc)

John_Johnny

Long Timer
...but in the end, someone has to do the actual work (online as well as packing/ sending/ collecting $$, etc etc)

Work! :eek: Well that kills that idea. :whistle:

One of Pete's photos is on my top pics list but I can't find it.
It was a shot of the valley below Emerald?? perhaps?
If memory serves me, Pete just did a day trip on his own and took lots of photos around the Dandenongs. Was it Yellingbo and The Patch? Sorry, getting forgetful these days.
Off the beaten track stuff. There was one that showed a beautiful green backyard and views to Melb in the distance. You must have taken the photo from the road on the high side overlooking the property.

Williamson

Part of the furniture

Nice pic Richard, could've been better if you cleaned the lens.
:bees:

Do you mind if I send a copy to a very keen professional photographer Facebook friend? I would of course, but only if you wanted, give you credit, or not as the case may be.

Let me know BEFORE you continue reading .......

A friend messaged me re. the pic, he said something along the lines of K1W1's latest photo shows his rego as 10.7CM, which is about 4.2 inches.

Personally, I would have been inclined to wait in the VicRoads queue until plate 1B.9CM was available, anything over 6 inches is likely to be more impressive.

Top Bottom