Eskdale pics

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
cheap Android smart phone from China...

shoots JPG, the secret is in the post editing

Which phone?
Lightroom?

Wouldn't call the touched up shot overdone, just done nicely and right near the border of being uncertain if it was in-camera processing (some cams are amazing at that) or post-processing that made it look so good.

:clap:

Hytram

<-- now went that way
Which phone?

The phone is a Zopo Speed 7

Pretty well spec-ed for a cheap phone, dual sim but sadly doesn't play nice with the Telstra network, works fine with Optus though

The camera is ok, but not on par with my 2 generation old work Samsung..

Lightroom?
Yes for lightroom, have been using it for years and basically do the same edits just different amounts for all my different cameras (5 including the 2 phones)

The main edits in the above is drop the highlights, to bring out the clouds, up the shadows which lightens the foreground. Crank up the sharpness and put in a vignette (faded black around the edges)

You can actually bring back a photo from the dead too, which is great when it's the only shot you my have of something

Yes, nothing beats that shot that is perfect out of the camera, but for everything else there is Lightroom...

Last edited:

Hytram

<-- now went that way
the last of the pics, no phone camera here

esk03-101.jpg

esk03-102.jpg

esk03-103.jpg

esk03-104.jpg

esk03-105.jpg

esk03-106.jpg

esk03-107.jpg

esk03-108.jpg

John_Johnny

Long Timer
That lightroom software is cool Marty. In that first photo above, the dirt road looks brightly lit making it standout. I've never had any luck trying to figure out any of that Adobe stuff. I'm still using MS Paint.

Top Bottom