[STICKY]My Pic Of The Day

Another lovely day, another lovely ride. Took our lunch this time, so we could stop where we wanted. Yarra Valley, near Rubicon.

It certainly started out that way. I rode down my drive just as the spits turned into rain.
About 150km of various dirt roads around the Upper Yarra and Bunyip forests. Found some new and interesting ones.

IMG_4264.jpgIMG_4268.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
...various dirt roads around the Upper Yarra and Bunyip forests. Found some new and interesting ones.

BigEar.jpg

The top of the world famous in Wellington Rimutaka Grand Prix track (Hutt Valley side) Of course its much easier than in my day they have smoothed out many of the corners and stopped rocks falling. :)
Many happy memories of spending Saturday afternoons chasing some very, very fast riders up that hill. Shades of the Reefton I expect except we were better. :)

52560448001_0bd2cbcba4_h.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
The top of the world famous in Wellington Rimutaka Grand Prix track (Hutt Valley side) Of course its much easier than in my day they have smoothed out many of the corners and stopped rocks falling. :)
Many happy memories of spending Saturday afternoons chasing some very, very fast riders up that hill. Shades of the Reefton I expect except we were better. :)

:2thumbs-up:

GREAT piece of road, even nowadays

and low and behold the Aussies are spoiling the party. :p:D

And they've been at it for a while!
2012, western ramp of Meyers Pass, near Kurow, South Island

NZ_SI_2012_0443 (Medium) (1).JPG

And they've been at it for a while!
2012, western ramp of Meyers Pass, near Kurow, South Island

There was a colony on Mt Victoria in the middle of Wellington when I was living there. In those days they were a novelty now they are the hated enemy. In Wellington in particular they have made enormous efforts to rid the place of introduced fauna and revegetate. The Miramar peninsula is now free of introduced rodents and possums. Native flora is everywhere and you now hear birds everywhere I even saw Tuis in Lambton Quay at lunchtime. That would be like seeing native birds in Swanston St.

Last edited:
Top Bottom