I went to Darwin....

V

vbstubby

One of the best ride reports I have ever read :chug:

The fact that it was done on a basic bike made it all the more enjoyable.

K

k8

Brilliant report on this brilliant site. My first post here though has to be to thank you for this. So many great memories from 30 years back for me . My first bike was the xt500D put together from right out of the packing case on an island in the gulf of carpentaria and its probably still there nipping about . Great bike and an inspiring report. Thank you.
Kate

M

Mototrans

Hey Guys...

Thanks for the positive feedback and esp to Glitch (Pete) for his help in putting it together... we've all got stories like this to tell, and i look forward to catching up with a few of you guys out there to swap a yarn or two... and maybe point me in the direction of a few more adventures you've done.

I hear the Great Ocean Road is an awesome ride... hmmmm

nev

Super Térrarist
Re: Hey Guys...

Mototrans said:

Yeah, it's almost as good as some of the roads you'll have to ride to get there from Sydney :)

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Re: Hey Guys...

Mototrans said:
Thanks for the positive feedback and esp to Glitch (Pete) for his help in putting it together... we've all got stories like this to tell, and i look forward to catching up with a few of you guys out there to swap a yarn or two... and maybe point me in the direction of a few more adventures you've done.

Firstly a big THANKS for sending the stuff across, it's a PRIME story !!
May the XT live forever.
The GOR isn't really all that much chop and definitely not recommendable as THE primary target....there's better stuff in and around the Great Divide, or even better...in Tassie.

T

techno

Thanks for posting. Its an inspiring story and just goes to show you can tour on just about anything if you want, provided you have some mechanical knowledge to do roadside repairs.

Keep us posted on what happens to the beast next. I'd like to see it when its back in shape.

Cheers

Techno

Top Bottom