Yarram, a tale of muddies, bitches and a random transvestite.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
First up a big THANKS to all for coming along and making a ball out of it.

Some new faces, lots of laughs, a great place to stay, good tucker allround, and mud, mud, lots of mud.

Thanks for holding it all together, Pete (V-twin) for taking care of the "roadies" and the Tiger-Squad for getting the arse-up Strom back on it's feet, even if it took 4 of us and even then it was a struggle as there was nothing to hold on to in that slushy mud up there.

It all started with Richard leading us wayward up some bloody steep, slimy hill just short of Kallista....which turned out a little taste of things to come.

Some blue patches above, peeking through the fog.

Yarram_001.JPG

Yarram_002.JPG

The few k's of supersmooth clay of the Bessie Creek Rd. into Pakenham had turned into yellowish custard...skin-off!! The first taste of what felt like riding on flat tyres most of the day.

What a sight at the meet....bikes and bods everywhere!! :wot:

Yarram_003.JPG

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
That's the way I finished up seeing that upcoming lefthander as well, it all got a bit blurry for a bit :bs

I just hate that time in between when you're still upright but KNOW that you're just an accessory to what's about to go SPLAT. :bang: :doh:

Mate, I thought a dishrack was for sitting clean stuff on, not burying in the mud :bees:

stewy

Still young and stupid
That's the way I finished up seeing that upcoming lefthander as well, it all got a bit blurry for a bit :bs

I just hate that time in between when you're still upright but KNOW that you're just an accessory to what's about to go SPLAT. :bang: :doh:

:rofl: SPLAT :rofl: now don't ya feel sorry for all those bugs that you have SPLATTERED over the years

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
:rofl: SPLAT :rofl: now don't ya feel sorry for all those bugs that you have SPLATTERED over the years

Sorry?? Feeling sorry for bugs??
That'd be the same as feeling sorry for any lycra-bandit going over the edge on Mountain Highway, dammit! :devil:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I'll give it a whirl, just for the record here...most probably will get at least half of 'em wrong or forget some, though.

Michael (Williamson), sadly without Helen, on the big CeeBee..Busted-Back Doug aka Slobber-Doug (Dougman1) on the blue WEE...for the start, Richard (K1W1) , red WEE, now with camera-racks!!...Kenny on the silver "submarine" VEE...Tim (SF) and Famous Rog on the two 800Tigers...Matt ? (KiwiTiger) on the "real!!" Tiger...TimC and Big Rod ? (Goldthing75) with the GS1150s...Pete (Vtwin) and Tracey (Canary) with yet another 2 WEEs...Goodie and the Shrek....Wayne (Wezza) on the big Virago...
surprises Nev and Jo, bulge-eye VEE + 650GS...Andrew (Haysey), this time on the old Z1000....Derek and the "Travelling Roadshow" chair...Sean and Dennis, father and son, with yet another blue WEE and a 640SM....
who else??

Wasn't it a total of 21 in Yarram?...I only get 19 together :(

And 7 Stroms (make that 8, with K1W1) left the mighty CB's for dead...again!!:bees::devil:

Back on the road and it was time to get the customary goofer out of the way by missing the turn-off the old Princess Hwy and onto the Old Sale Rd....which led to a lap of honour through bloody Drouin and Warragul on a Saturday morning, hmmmfff :doh:

Fumbled and bumbled my way through the eastern fringes of Warragul, running north to pick up some intersection with the Old Sale Rd. again....and it worked without getting stuck in some farmers paddock or hayshed, phew!
Tried to make it look as it was all "by design" (but I think that flopped, as some knew better :rofl:)

Goofed again on the turn off to Shady Creek, but the Araluen Rd. proved a quick and worthy replacement.:whistle:

The dodgy shyte started right at the first bit of the Allambee-Childers Rd....the Boolara Twisties from Mirboo Nth. were half-dry and not too gravelly/ crappy...the shortcut through the back of Bolara worked fine and the Morwell River Rd. proved a gem I'd LOVE to ride again, once things are a little drier.

Yarram_004.JPG

Yarram_006.JPG

The GRR turned into a maze of turn-offs and 'false leads", as most side-roads look more substantial at the intersections than the supposed "main road"...and to mix things up, occasionally it's the other way around.
It was wet...and boggy...and slimy, often the mud like slush, an inch or 3 deep.

Haven't had a muscle-ache like that for ages...top-to bottom, that is. From the neck to the calves, everything hurts...guess, it's all the standing-on-the-pegs for hours....except when skidding through the greenery on my bum.

Yarram_008.JPG

Couldn't go down the Tara Valley Rd., which was closed due to a massive landslide, but Bulga Park Rd. proved a worthy replacement, for once we had a fairly dry gravel-road and some grip.

Yarram_007.JPG

Yarram_009.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Looking sweet...Sunday morning.

Yarram_010.JPG

The local bakery also looked after us well (a big thanks going their way, too)...some decent bacon+eggs, coffees and some take-away lunches looked after that part of the essentials, the local servo ws open from 7am...

Yarram_011.JPG

Old Albert River Bridge

Yarram_012.JPG

And this is the "good side"....the other had 5kg of mud and rocks and leaves hanging off it after the previous day tumble.

Yarram_013.JPG

Albert River, just north of Hiawatha

Yarram_014.JPG

Albert River Rd.....one of the few spots where I was game enough to get off+on the bike without something dropping, sinking in, falling over or sliding down the hill.

Yarram_016.JPG

This is another "certain to come back to!!"....best thing of all, it could be run end-to-end with the Morwell River Rd by stitching only 1km of Grand Ridge in
between.

Yarram_017.JPG

Yarram_019.JPG

Canary

Long Timer
I'll give it a whirl, just for the record here...most probably will get at least half of 'em wrong or forget some, though.

Michael (Williamson), sadly without Helen, on the big CeeBee..Busted-Back Doug aka Slobber-Doug (Dougman1) on the blue WEE...for the start, Richard (K1W1) , red WEE, now with camera-racks!!...Kenny on the silver "submarine" VEE...Tim (SF) and Famous Rog on the two 800Tigers...Matt ? (KiwiTiger) on the "real!!" Tiger...TimC and Big Rod ? (Goldthing75) with the GS1150s...Pete (Vtwin) and Tracey (Canary) with yet another 2 WEEs...Goodie and the Shrek....Wayne (Wezza) on the big Virago...
surprises Nev and Jo, bulge-eye VEE + 650GS...Andrew (Haysey), this time on the old Z1000....Derek and the "Travelling Roadshow" chair... Sean and Dennis, father and son, with yet another blue WEE and a 640SM....
who else??

Wasn't it a total of 21 in Yarram?...I only get 19 together :(

And 7 Stroms (make that 8, with K1W1) left the mighty CB's for dead...again!!:bees::devil:

Glitch, the only alteration is that it was Shane and Daniel on the blue wee and the motard. It was a shame that Mrs Williamson and Mrs Hayesy couldn't join us. :(

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Derek and I look at eachother at Ryton Junction, where the Woorarra Rd. turns left, the more dodgy looking GRR turns right.
There are bike-tracks in the mud on either one, our missing bunch of 5 could've gone either way.

And we'd only done a few k's from the last stop, not the whole 17k's of GRR as mentioned...following the GRR as planned, we finally meet those, who'd made those "bike-tracks" up at Ryton....a couple of local kids on a 4-wheeler and a dirtbike.
Shyte!!

And the BM is playing up, warning lights blinking for anything and everything, dial-needles free-falling to zero willynilly, then back up the next minute.

Looks like either a dodgy charging circuit or a battery on its last legs.

Banking on that the lost 5-pack could look after themselves, it was time to get the wonky BM as close to a main road as possible before something shit itself and stranded us in woopwoop.
In the end, Derek made it home just fine despite the dash going spazzo intermittently.

As for Shrek after the repair...didn't miss a beat all weekend.

And decking The Dishrack? Nothing looked or felt out of place after the stoush, the left crashbars seemed to have copped most of it even if they didn't show it (not visibly bent)... but then, who knew, under all that mud?

The Kaercher left a pile of reddish slop on the drive and going over things with a fine toothcomb, it looks like there's absolutely no damage at all apart from a few faint marks on the left handshield and mirror and the shallowest bit of clearcoat missing on the rear underseat panel.
Even the powdercoating of the crashbars is perfect.
A few tiny marks, which will give it some cred....
Shows, how deep and soft the mud was up there.

Awesome weekend! A BIG THANKS to all!!

Spring should hopefully be dry enough for a re-run....just pop a mental tick on some November weekend right now. :so

Top Bottom