a short Far ride

nev

Super Térrarist
this report is very lacking in photos, mainly because I didnt take many.

The Farriders where having their national meetup at Imbil Qld. Thought it'd be a hoot, and been a while since I went for a long solo ride so I off I went.

Day 1 Melbourne to Cartwrights Hill. Left 13:30 in the afternoon. 460km
Day 2 On the road at 6am, 45 min breakfast stop in Grenfell, 30 min lunch stop in Dubbo, 1hr stop in Gunnedah, 9pm arrived in Tenterfield. 1050km for the day, 1000km for the 24hrs 13:30-13:30.
Day 3 On the road at 5am. 30 min stop in Esk for Breakfast, various breaks during the day. Arrived in Cooroy 2:45pm. 700km for the day, 1002km for the 24hrs 14:45-14:45
Day 4 Short ride from the campsite at Imbil to the noosa heads and back to a pub in Cooroy for lunch then back to Imbil.
Day 5 Packed up the campsite and On the road at 7am. Pretty much straight through to Goondawindi where i bought some sandwiches. Ate them on the side of the road in rest areas during the afternoon and pretty much kept riding all day. Ran out of fuel 10km north of Narrabri. Hitched a ride into town with a cop in an unmarked police car. Waited about 15 mins on the side of the road with my fuel can outside the petrol station before someone stopped and gave me a lift back to my bike. When I got back to the bike there was a Hwy patrol cop there, wondering where the rider was. Pretty much rode straight through to Dubbo. Arrived just before 7pm. 1000km in 11hrs 51mins. 1017km for the day.
Day 6 On the road at 4:53am breakfast stop in Wyalong. Arrived in Wagga Wagga (halfway point of the day's ride) at 9am. Phoned some relatives to check if they were home and visited them for a couple of hours. Stopped in Albury for lunch, and a few more stops at rest areas for sugar hits along the Hume. Home at 4:30pm. 838km for the day. 4164km for the entire ride.
Day 7 Someone said we should rest on the 7th day, so I did. Took the bike to a shop for it's 18000km service (only 1500km overdue).

I thought I was doing well till I spoke to another Melbourne rider, Derek, who headed to Imbil. He left Melbourne 24hrs after me and arrived in Cooroy about 15 mins after me. He rode over 1800km in 24hrs. I think he stopped for a 2hr sleep along the way. Probably all that practice he got from finishing the Iron Butt Rally in the USA 8 yrs ago.

Last edited:
Top Bottom