Bernie Blackbird's Keynton lunch run - June 2012

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Not a lot of opportunity for photo stops today, Bernie was setting a cracking pace.
Not really sure what roads were ridden, today I was a follower. :clap:
Montrose.

Jess had been busy cleaning and polishing. Little did he know…:doh:

Through the burbs, beyond Yarra Glen and onto the 2nd meet point at Kinglake where we met Doug and Michael.

Our departure was delayed by some fit looking lycrian women. For some reason, we were all quiet prepared to wait for them to pass… :glu
Down the hill to Glenburn. I watched Bernie ice-skate the Blackbird through the clay roadworks.

So guys, does this mean today qualifies as an adventure ride….? :rofl:

Jess’s bike was no longer shining…

Morning-tea and funny hat at Broadford.

Backroads, more dirt and a hooligan on to lunch in Keynton.

Shamrock Hotel. Hot fire, Sunday roast and desert. I was tough to get going again…

A little bike swapping on the way to Lancefield.

Half headed for home at Whittlesea, whilst the rest climbed back to Kinglake for afternoon-tea.

The chance for the KTM to make some noise on the goat track into StAndrews. :woot:

Trip distance: 409 km

stevegt738

Tour Pro
Sounds like you guys had a good day.

Those road works got my attention when I went through last Tuesday.
P6190003.jpg

P6190004.jpg

I almost got through unscathed, had a couple of big rear slides before this. This time the front folded under and went down like a big bag of brown stuff. :eek:
Zero damage to the bike.

Williamson

Part of the furniture
P6190004.jpg

...... the front folded under and went down like a big bag of brown stuff.

Geezus Steve WTF were you thinking, or doing?

We all got through this stuff on the Break O'Day Road unscathed, this included an FJR 1300, a CB1000RR, a Blackbird, the Mighty One and a couple of sporties. The only ones that were anywhere near well equipped were Sir Frank on his KTM (I think he only ride this one in months with a "U" in them) and Doug on his Strom.

stevegt738

Tour Pro
Just one of those things Michael.
Wasn't speeding (about 20kph). All the times I've ridden through lots worse than this over the decades, this happens on what should have been a doddle. Very :oops:.

Top Bottom