Sweet As, Bro!!... NZ South Island 2016

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
Yeah, this thread should come with a health warning !:bs
It causes:
Eye strain :wow:
Daydreams/ wandering thoughts/ delusions (some of those images CANT be real!!):shock::glu

If the workplace productivity mob ever get onto the existence of this Forum it would be shut down!!

Keep up the good work!:thumbs:

dougman1

Part of the furniture
The next morning, we had a trip planned for Mt Hutt Ski Fields. Then a leisurely cruise back into Christchurch to drop off the bikes.

What could possibly go wrong?

The morning started innocently enough and soon we were cruising up the access road to the Mt Hutt ski fields.

Then the higher we got the windier it became...:weather:

Until I came around this 1 corner..and HOLY SHYTE, the bike was flapping like a mad man on ice.

I could not hold it, with the brakes on as hard as I could squeeze, I was being driven backwards by the wind.

This isn't good, mild panic... then THOR took over..Over to the left, then the right, then the left again and some more backwards too. Then Ker-smack, I'm kissing the gravel, and rolling down the hill. In time to see my riding buddies drop in unison, like a well rehearsed synchronized swimming team.

You cannot tell by this pic, but THOR, was trying to rip the headlight assembly clean off at this point.. He did succeed in grinding away the left pannier lid and the left hand guard while the bike was down. :credit:

P1070676-X2.jpg

I was trying to think of this quote as I rolled down the mountain. Alas it had escaped me at that time. Something for next time perhaps. :bt

IMG_2159-X2.jpg

We were soon back in Christchurch, bikes returned, credit card details swapped and we were soon on our way. :(

IMG_2164-X2.jpg

Bye Bye, XT. You've been fun. It's been 3500 km of pure joy

IMG_2163-X2.jpg

Then it was back to where it all began, a pub in Christchurch.

A big thanks from me to the rest of the crew.
It was "SENSATIONAL" :lao

Until next time eh....:chug: :clap::clap::clap::clap: THANK YOU!

P1070683-X2.jpg

John_Johnny

Long Timer
He did succeed in grinding away the left pannier lid and the left hand guard while the bike was down. :credit:

Oh no! :eek:
So what happens there? The credit card emoji implies you had to pay for the scratched panniers but how did that pan out? You can't really buff them out so did you have to pay for new panniers?

dougman1

Part of the furniture
Oh no! :eek:
So what happens there? The credit card emoji implies you had to pay for the scratched panniers but how did that pan out? You can't really buff them out so did you have to pay for new panniers?

Just a hand guard and a pannier lid. about $140 NZ. Sweet as Bro! :woot:

Killswitch

aka Faztudo, Dunkin etc
:clap::clap::clap: well done on a beautifully written report from you Doug, you're quite an entertaining writer.

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the commentary and reading the pictures - sweet as brew!

ozav8r

Tour Pro
Chiming in - great pictures:photo:, entertaining stories (most of them true):bs. Big thanks to all my traveling buddies / photographers / poets / beer drinkers and snorers:cdle

I'll live on this for a very long time!

Top Bottom