Groaaaann....NOT AGAIN!!

stewy

Still young and stupid
like i said when we were chatting about the exhaust a while back, i am super keen to see what you come up with, just make sure you bloody take some measurements (if you can't be stuffed call me and i will come round measure and redraw it up) for other down the track :so

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
- u can keep mucking around it for years before a perfect setting can be found.
Happy to leave it all alone now...and ride as is.

...could it not be fabricated so that it runs from the exhaust along the right hand side, kind of next to the sump and left to right foot peg.
That's what I thought, too. The clearance increase would be 50mm if the pipe can be re-routed.

Well this will be the king of all WTF's so..... I reckon we call it, Lord Farquhar. :lao
:bs Don't know if it's going to be the best/ biggest/whatever of the WTFs....but with that name, hmmmm

Anything can be done with some know how and some money with the some money often being the more important of the two.
:chug::chug:

Here we go! Wanted another Shrek for Tassie next year, eh Pete? :)
Don't know if it's gonna be ready by then...

like i said when we were chatting about the exhaust a while back, i am super keen to see what you come up with, just make sure you bloody take some measurements (if you can't be stuffed call me and i will come round measure and redraw it up) for other down the track :so

:bs:bs How about YOU give it a go on yours and we'll get a small run of 1000 sets?? kicked off. There's certainly enough interest out there :chug:

Awrite, I'll let you know when I get there...

Canary

Long Timer
:clap:I love it. People already naming Glitch's bike.

I tried to call his brown thou Humphrey (cos it's brown like Humphrey Bear) and he won't have it. :(

I wonder what colour this one will be. Then let the naming begin. :bees:

Lord Farquhar is pretty good though :so

AceRider

Wee Strom 650 ABS
come on Pete,

do the exhaust reroute for the benefit of the rest of vstrom community
:cool:

Better still - you can manufacture the bits to connect after the header and before the can and sell it - that would recoup any cost u incur for developing it!:rolleyes:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
:clap:I love it. People already naming Glitch's bike.

:doh::doh: Just what I needed...the thing's as bent as a banana....but we've got a naming competition :rofl::rofl:

Ferchrissakes, it's just a pretzeled WEE and that's all. Black'n ugly, doesn't even run straight yet.

come on Pete,
do the exhaust reroute for the benefit of the rest of vstrom community
:cool:
Pfffft, bugger 'em :bs...if they'd feel that strongly about it, someone!!! would've done it long ago.
To me it just looks like another route to tackle the ground-clearance problem (to some extend, anyway), without raising the whole bike too much via suspension/ changes in geometry etc.

The more I look at the Wee layout the more think that a high exhaust system is an impossibility for anything other than an impractical styling exercise.

Getting something that will look okay in a side on photo will be relatively easy. Getting a result that is practical and more importantly safe for the riders leg will be very difficult without major surgery.

Hytram

<-- now went that way
as much as these builds are some of the best built bikes on the the net

I have one word (or 2 numerals)

21" :bees:

Hytram

<-- now went that way
The more I look at the Wee layout the more think that a high exhaust system is an impossibility for anything other than an impractical styling exercise.

Getting something that will look okay in a side on photo will be relatively easy. Getting a result that is practical and more importantly safe for the riders leg will be very difficult without major surgery.

not enough room for this? (I mean the zurst re-routing, not enough room in the shed for one of these...)

KTM_950_SuperEnduro_R.jpg

650_2_001.jpg

Top Bottom