Servo at Buchan, Vic.

T

true blue

I'm having a mental lapse.:doh:

I've passed through Buchan (Vic) many times but this time I am looking to
fuel up there.

Yeah or ney ? Is fuel available at Buchan, or is Bruthen the closest ?

True Blue.

Hytram

<-- now went that way
yes, at the roadhouse in the main st..

but to doubly make sure, give them a ring

Buchan Valley Roadhouse Main Rd, Buchan VIC 3885 (03) 5155 9484 ‎

moike

Old Fahrt
google says yes.

Mobil Oil Australia
transparent.png
Lot 3 Main Road, Main Rd, Buchan, VIC 3885(03) 5155 9484

If you are heading north, I believe there is still fuel at Seldom Seen.

T

true blue

Thanks for the responses boys.

I will contact them just prior to the trip to confirm availability.

cheers and all the best for the new year.

True Blue (Wayne)

STOOKIE

I like it dirty
There is Fuel at Seldom seen if your game enough to stop.
lil and I stopped there and wondered here all the scrap cars and caravans, bikes, tents and general camping gear came from.
Maybe all the dead bodies buried in the paddock out back with even MORE caravans and cars.....

The guy there scared the pants off us both.......

stewy

Still young and stupid
There is Fuel at Seldom seen if your game enough to stop.
lil and I stopped there and wondered here all the scrap cars and caravans, bikes, tents and general camping gear came from.
Maybe all the dead bodies buried in the paddock out back with even MORE caravans and cars.....

The guy there scared the pants off us both.......

it would seem as though he doesn't have any running water though, stopped there once and the smell is worse then any tip i have been too. Remember me of something out of wolf creek, and he keep naggin me to sign his visitor's book in the house, i was cautious about leaving lenna but she is like go and have a look in his house....looked twice round the room before i entered the what looked like a small flat (just had more junk everywhere, and swear i didn't even look at where i was writing (in the visitor book on the table), to busy scanning the room, and watching the door....i am with jay not many things spook me, but this bloke and place did. :eek:

nev

Super Térrarist
We stopped there on our way home from Austouring rally '10 to buy a cold drink. Interesting place. He was a bit odd. I'm being polite.

T

true blue

It's funny how I started this thread and the location of Seldom Seen has been mentioned.

I actually know the owner of this collection of 'stuff'. David is his name but mind you he wouldn't remember me. I noticed a picture of his odd collection on this forum when perusing through some photos taken January '10 on your rally.
In the photo showing Seldom Seen there was a large bin requesting travellers deposit their empty aluminium cans. Up until quite recently, I was involved, via a Melbourne 4wd club in emptying those bins of the cans, cashing them in and donating all the funds to the Royal Flying Doctor Service via their fund raising co-ordinator and former Channel 10 identity, Annette Allison.

I started doing this with the club in 2002 and undertook this activity in January and June of each year. The last clearance was in June 2009. There were additional bins at Glenmaggie, Heyfield, Stratford, Providence Ponds, Bruthen, Buchan, Gelantipy, Seldom Seen, Benambra, Omeo, Swifts Creek and Ensay. You may have noticed some ofthem along the way in your travels.

Why did we stop ??

Well, despite them being in remotish spots and with quite a few k's in between somebody else was going to the trouble of emptying the bins.

Mind you, the bins were owned by our club and no one other than the club had the right to remove their contents. Nevertheless, probably a sign of the times, many of the bins would be empty.

Anyway, David from Seldom Seen gained some notoriety some years ago when in an attempt to escape a raging bush fire managed to survive by jumping into a dam on his property along with several kangaroos. The press made a bit of it and interviewed him etc etc. He certainly is a character, that's for sure.

I will be passing through their next week on the way up to Jindabyne and are looking forward to seeing it.

The last time I went through their on a motorcycle was in '83 just before ash wednesday and on that occasion I came across 3 cyclists (2 women and 1 man) heading north. All nude.:glu But that is another story.

Happy new year to all.

Wayne

Top Bottom