Chilli Buxton run

veom

Tour Pro
A buddy of mine recently bought a DR650 and wanted to check out some decent dirt roads.

Pete drew up this route a while a go when I was planning my Adelaide trip, its always been on my list of rides to do so we went for it.

It was a very cold, wet ride, but there was plenty of fun to be had between Warburton and Marysville, despite the frost and ice warnings.

3EjWqDV.jpg

Moral was at an all time low just out side Marysville. But a burger in Buxton made us all a bit happier.

Last edited:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Man, you're not looking too happy there.:(

Thanks to you and MasterMike (how good is a 5-day delivery of parts from the US?) we've got the Doohickey done on the Klacka today, before checking another notorious weak spot, the main rear suspension bolts/ dry linkage bearings etc.

My face equalled yours when the arse end of the Kwak collapsed after pulling the damn bolt and the whole bike just went "splat" on the garage floor :killingme
Time for a glass-o'-red in the early afternoon.... :chug:
Was worth it though...parts of the linkage/ bearings were full of water, emulsion + corrosion, but caught it just in time to save it all, methinks.

Geez, you're game though...it would've been one hell of a slushy/ slippery affair dropping down into Marysville from Keppels Lookout :eek:
Who's the unlucky punter you dragged along for this?:bs

If possible, pm your addy and I'll drop off the 'hickey- tools.
Bike running sweet?

veom

Tour Pro
My face equalled yours when the arse end of the Kwak collapsed after pulling the damn bolt and the whole bike just went "splat" on the garage floor :killingme
Time for a glass-o'-red in the early afternoon.... :chug:
Was worth it though...parts of the linkage/ bearings were full of water, emulsion + corrosion, but caught it just in time to save it all, methinks.

Geez, you're game though...it would've been one hell of a slushy/ slippery affair dropping down into Marysville from Keppels Lookout :eek:
Who's the unlucky punter you dragged along for this?:bs

If possible, pm your addy and I'll drop off the 'hickey- tools.
Bike running sweet?

Haha I could imagine the klr doing that, you didn't have a jack under the fender on the wheel?

That's crazy! I don't know how stuff comes from the factory dry, I would try pulling mine but after 10 years and 70,000ks I think its going to be more effort then its worth!

I dragged an old mate along hes just bought his dr650, I'm hoping to bring him along to some of the organised rides around here, but he only gets ~140ks to a tank! He had to fill up 3 times today.

The bikes running fantastic, its not making that clicking noise any more, it started right up today after a nap in a bush too. I can now safely ride it without knowing it can blow up at any minute.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Haha I could imagine the klr doing that, you didn't have a jack under the fender on the wheel?

That's crazy! I don't know how stuff comes from the factory dry, I would try pulling mine but after 10 years and 70,000ks I think its going to be more effort then its worth!

I dragged an old mate along hes just bought his dr650, I'm hoping to bring him along to some of the organised rides around here, but he only gets ~140ks to a tank! He had to fill up 3 times today.

The bikes running fantastic, its not making that clicking noise any more, it started right up today after a nap in a bush too. I can now safely ride it without knowing it can blow up at any minute.

No jack...it sure wasn't one of my brighter mornings :doh::bang::bs

140k's out of a DR tank is too little...we ran with the factory tanks on the hire bikes in NZ and they were always good around 220-240k's...dry at 270-300.

Good to hear about the "red terror" behaving :thumbs:

Top Bottom