Sidecar Rally - 2015

Williamson

Part of the furniture
On Saturday Helen and I headed to the Monarchs sidecar rally at Carters Beach around 15km from Strathmerton.

Good representation of AusTourers - Squizzy, Crusty, Canary, Bernie - may some others that the beer and red wine helped me forget. No pics from me, but here's a link to Clancy's pics on ADV.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1053684 - scroll to post #25.

None of the Mighty ST, it stayed back home in comfort whilst we towed the camper trailer with not-so-mighty Ranger - some photos of it stuck-in-the-mud may have survived - I hope not.

:photo: Oh Dear!!!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Looks like Jemo was there as well.

IMG_4515-L.jpg

roscoau

Got a bit on the side
None of the Mighty ST, it stayed back home in comfort whilst we towed the camper trailer with not-so-mighty Ranger - some photos of it stuck-in-the-mud may have survived - I hope not.

I've seen that one. I have to ask about cars and caravans at rallys - it's been quite a while since I've done a rally despite me talking the talk. Now it looks like I don't need to take the bike to a rally, just jump in the car...

Times have clearly changed... I'm wondering if I really want to get back into this. Oh well... I guess I'm out of touch with the reality these days.

Crustyvarmint

Back road wanderer
G'day Roscoe. It seems to me that it is good to meet up with our motorcycling friends at rallies, no matter how they get there.
Some people suffer from health problems that make riding no longer feasible, and they should not be punished by non entry because of that.
Then again, there are others who just aren't man enough to ride, but we like Williamson anyway! :killingme
I met you outside a retirement village in Merimbula a year or so ago, when you were on your Ural. :so

Williamson

Part of the furniture
...... Then again, there are others who just aren't man enough to ride ....
In my defence, the road, nay track, into the rally site was pretty crappy the last time I went there, albeit in 2008, so I knew it wasn't Willo or ST friendly, so a decision was made not to ride.

In the end I'm glad, the rain on Friday night made the track worse than shouse and there is no way I could have got in there without a spill. It may have been okay for you three-wheelers. I don't recall seeing any two wheeler roadies there, especially towing a camper and with a pillion.

...... but we like Williamson anyway!

Let's have a group hug.
:cdle:cdle:cdle:cdle

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I've seen that one. I have to ask about cars and caravans at rallys - it's been quite a while since I've done a rally despite me talking the talk. Now it looks like I don't need to take the bike to a rally, just jump in the car...

Times have clearly changed... I'm wondering if I really want to get back into this. Oh well... I guess I'm out of touch with the reality these days.

And then...you're talking about someone who doesn't even own a sidecar... but still likes to participate., hmmm

Which makes it pretty irrelevant what they show up with at a tripod-meet, dunnit? I'd still call it a pretty good effort.
Then again, I wouldn't know "The Rules", never having been a rally-goer W-)

roscoau

Got a bit on the side
It seems to me that it is good to meet up with our motorcycling friends at rallies, no matter how they get there.

I think maybe I'm stuck in a time loop... I'm not trying to tell anyone how to do things, but in my rally days cars were definitely not welcome unless carrying injured and then they usually had to park outside.

I see I don't have a clue, I need to get to some rallys again...

Top Bottom