Toorongo Falls

Had to ride

past vineyards

and post boxes

to get to Toorongo Falls

then spent three hours walking the 2 km walking track because there were so many photo ops.

I need to go back on a more suitable day when the harsh shadows are not present.

asphalt

Tassie...where tyres are flat and nights are long
Toorongo Falls
Beautiful !!!
I like this series of post boxes.:photo:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Fantastic pics...AGAIN! :drool:

Nice to see it carry that much water... I only know it half-dry.
Looks like Hazeldene/Thonemans, going by that vineyard shot.
Thanks for sharing!

There must've been quite a bit of rain up in the hills lately, the Tanjil River was also quite full and carrying a fair amount of silt...the northern edge of the Blue Rock Dam looked like it'd had an oil-spill by the amount of soil washed into it. :eek:

Tried to post some late Christmas Cards in Powelltown on the way back. Judging by the dates on the newspapers covering the front door I was only 7 years late for closing time.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Tried to post some late Christmas Cards in Powelltown on the way back. Judging by the dates on the newspapers covering the front door I was only 7 years late for closing time.

:thumbs:

There's another one in Narbethong....it's just 50m past the Narby Pub/ Black Spur Inn on the opposite side of the road, semi-hidden below the road level.
A little 2 br. weatherboard cottage by a tiny creek, that used to be the Narby Post Office until ~? early-mid '90s?
I remember dropping off some Xmas mail there one year on a late Friday-afternoon waterski-weekend run to Eildon.

:thumbs:

There's another one in Narbethong....it's just 50m past the Narby Pub/ Black Spur Inn on the opposite side of the road, semi-hidden below the road level.
A little 2 br. weatherboard cottage by a tiny creek, that used to be the Narby Post Office until ~? early-mid '90s?
I remember dropping off some Xmas mail there one year on a late Friday-afternoon waterski-weekend run to Eildon.

Know that one. When I used to go cross country skiing at Lake Mountain a couple of times a week in the 80's I used to love the smoke coming from the chimney early in morning as I drove past. If you go a couple of hundred metres further the Police house used to be right beside the school. I always wondered why that was. Maybe Narbethong kids were rather unruly.

Top Bottom