A World Of Its Own...Colorado + The Rockies

omi

Getting the hang of it
oooooohhh----- my kids, i am happy you could have that all together : gold and blue and silver,. crystal clear air---i take it with me into my dreams omi it is a world in its own

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
oooooohhh----- my kids, i am happy you could have that all together : gold and blue and silver,. crystal clear air---i take it with me into my dreams omi it is a world in its own

All good... enjoy :cdle :chug:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
A cracker of an afternoon loop :glu:glu
And finishing up not far from Denver, either! :eek:

https://goo.gl/maps/corWMk5PTqQ2

map_c02.jpg

Coming off the dizzying (literally) heights of the Rockies NP ridges, Shadow Mountain Lake is a tranquil oasis with some incredible background canvas...and some local wildlife undisturbed by the hordes.:glu:glu

US2016_0368.JPG

US2016_M_0220.JPG

US2016_0372.JPG

US2016_0369.JPG

US2016_M_0221.JPG

Things don't happen in a rush here...this one had all the the time in the world before bringing his mates along! :thumbs:

US2016_0371.JPG

Jackpot, the colours are simply divine and somehow reduce life to its essentials...

US2016_0373.JPG

Rocky Mountains High :slobb ....and some little gravel road avoiding the town of Kremmling.
If there was enough in the kiddie, I'd plonk a deposit down on that 450acre farm and 52square log home "with additional outbuildings of 48 squares, 6 garages, tennis courts and 25 mile of river runs" :doh::doh::eek::eek:
A lousy 1.3mil would also include a 12 mile private drive and a bag of 12+13 thousand footers as a backdrop.:drool::drool:
Oh man...this is just about "paradise-within-reach" :lao:lao
Someone would just have to teach me how to not knock myself cold with a tennis racket...:doh:

US2016_0374.JPG

US2016_0375.JPG

There's just nothing like the backroads, brother!!

US2016_0376.JPG

US2016_0377.JPG

The Dillon Inn turns out to be one of the luckiest picks of the trip, a small place run by an elderly Polish couple combining
American Grandness with European hospitality, hooray!!...it can't get much better than that!
And........................................right next door to the Dillon Dam Brewery!!
:clap::clap::clap: :glu

US2016_0379.JPG

The PUUURRRFECT DAY!!

US2016_0380.JPG

US2016_0381.JPG

John_Johnny

Long Timer
If there was enough in the kiddie, I'd plonk a deposit down on that 450acre farm and 52square log home "with additional outbuildings of 48 squares, 6 garages, tennis courts and 25 mile of river runs"

It sure is beautiful over there but would you really want to live there???? and after next week??? :looney:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
It sure is beautiful over there but would you really want to live there???? and after next week??? :looney:

Does it matter?
Maybe it'd be less painful being on the inside than the "outside" W-)
And they're the same breed of poli-FW's as anywhere else on the globe... including Canberra, hooray!
6 of one, half dozen of the other, I'd say... :scull:

Let's stick to the Rockies!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Is this the same Dillon Inn?

Reminds me of the Bruthen Inn Hotel - NOT.

More PICS, please.
:slobb

Check the map for the Dillon Inn (yes, your link is the place !!) and its proximity to the Dillon Dam brewery (that the pic shows).
As said, right next to eachother.
https://goo.gl/maps/jzMzo5p7prp

Here's a direct link to the place http://www.dilloninn.com/

(and check the pricing for a direct booking, even email them for a rate, they often give better rates if they don't have to pass on commission to
the booking sites!!)

Top Bottom