Goorambat Gander

nev

Super Térrarist
What else to do on a winters Wednesday morning? go for a ride.

Left home and dodged school zones through the northern subs, in and out of Kinglake, up the Melba to Yea, then the Hwy to Bonnie Doon. Had a close call on the section of road between Yea and Molesworth. This had previously been an 80kph zone until they completed installing wire rope barriers down the road between the oncoming lanes. Since they completed that job it's back up to 100kph. When they installed the WRB they also added another overtaking lane around a bend heading towards Molesworth. I was in the left lane catching up to a slower vehicle and moved into the right lane, only to spot an oncoming car in my lane (on the wrong side of the WRB). I merged back to the left lane with plenty of room to spare, but it highlighted an issue with moving barriers which people are accustomed to seeing on the road edge to the centre of the road.

First stop was at Lake Eildon

Lake%20Eildon.jpg

From Bonnie Doon I headed north to Benalla for fuel then onto Goorambat. Stopped in pub here for lunch.

lunch.jpg

Jo and I had been to this pub a number of times previously, in 2009 for the dark night rally, and again in 2012 for lunch when we were heading to Corowa to meet up with Birtles on his Australian CT110 adventure. Previously, it was, quite a dump, but new owners and a new menu, a slap of paint inside and some friendly smiles and it has a new lease on life and hopefully, the painted silo 100 metres away will attract some more people through the town.

IMG_0704.JPG

DJI_0115.JPG

Then it was up the road about 10km to Devenish where another painted silo is giving people a reason to get off the main roads and to stop for a few minutes.

DJI_0124.jpg

Time to head for home. First west to Dookie, then south through Violet Town

IMG_0706.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

A few km down the Hume then off at Euroa and south on the Merton Road. I turned off onto Killeens Hill Road and through Caveat and Highlands

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

From Yea I headed home through Flowerdale. Noticed a new bushfire memorial has sprung up next to the footpath in Hazeldene. It's not completed yet.

IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0717.JPG

moike

Old Fahrt
Did you see the church mural at Goorambat?
If not, you need to come back.

Did you two go past my place again without dropping by?

Moike

nev

Super Térrarist
Did you see the church mural at Goorambat?
If not, you need to come back.

Did you two go past my place again without dropping by?

Moike

Nope, it was just me. Jo probably flew over your house a couple of times during the week though ;)

Top Bottom