Dougie gets his feet wet!

ozav8r

Tour Pro
A bit deeper than what we'd bargained for:glu! Top end of Porcupine Ridge Road at Vaughan, crossing the Loddon river yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSBiRpbHNN4

Dougie and I had a glorious days riding through the Wombat, Lerderderg and up to Porcupine Ridge. It was followed by lunch at Motobean Cafe in Malmsbury.

Great day out:so

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
:clap::clap:

Goodonya, guys!!
Waterlevel doesn't seem too bad...but that must've been a bloody quarry underneath that brown, murky wet stuff.:eek::eek:

Doug, what the hellyadoin', man?
I thought that Strom was going to hit the market soon...not the bottom of a river :bs

Hytram

<-- now went that way
It's a great run up through there, I never seen water on that crossing, might have to get up there...

Are you using a hand held gimbal on the camera? I like to see a Pic of your setup, lovely stable image.

ozav8r

Tour Pro
It's a great run up through there, I never seen water on that crossing, might have to get up there...

Are you using a hand held gimbal on the camera? I like to see a Pic of your setup, lovely stable image.

Actually - that's just the mobile phone in my hand (Galaxy S7 Edge) I HAVE one of those fancy gimbal stabilised cameras (DJI OSMO), but forgot to bring it (what's new...?)

ozav8r

Tour Pro
I just looked at the footage clicking on the YouTube link, and fark me - looks like Ridley Scott behind the camera! Trust me on this, not my credit but pure Google magic fixing camera shake when uploading the video. Cool, now I have a gimbal stabilised camera lying in a drawer being COMPLETELY obsolete, cause Google fixes the handheld shaky stuff from my mobile!

dougman1

Part of the furniture
:clap::clap:

Goodonya, guys!!
Waterlevel doesn't seem too bad...but that must've been a bloody quarry underneath that brown, murky wet stuff.:eek::eek:

Doug, what the hellyadoin', man?
I thought that Strom was going to hit the market soon...not the bottom of a river :bs

I had a new unopened Android Tablet in the top box too. The markers said the water level was 20 cm... some of the rocks on the crossing were double that!
Jeezas I had very cold and wet feet for the remainder of the arvo.
Bloody good fun though eh! :woot::woot:

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
:wow: Scary!! Bloody well done ! (both of you:D)
Must've been boulders beneath the surface :shock:
:clap:

I reckon the water would've been brown from my undies if i,d tried that on our strom! :(

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Good effort Doug, better to have wet feet than let the Wee have a little nap.

Reminds me of taking the Mighty CB1300 and Classic trailer to the Spaghetti Rally a few years back. Entry to the camping at Edi Cutting was via a short, shallow water crossing - a billabong on the side of the King River.

Water was not very deep at all, but deep enough for the murky water to cover some 100mm plus loose rocks, and make it difficult crossing with bike, trailer and pillion. Fortunately, Helen alighted and hopped her way from rock to rock and crossed with dry boots. I was not so lucky, but at least there was a camp fire to dry things out over-night.

The guys and gals sitting on the river bank clapping, cheering, jeering were as about as help as a bloke holding his mobile 'phone.

KingStrom

Long Timer
Great video Eivind, and Doug well done for keeping the Wee upright in that water mate. I think I am glad I got the call from work sat morning as the me being a rusty as I am riding wise would've have struggled getting the big "Vee" through without it going for a swim, that and worse still it would've caught on camera!!!

Top Bottom