Mole Creek Caves Trip (Tasmania)

Indie

Getting the hang of it
Had this weekend booked a couple of months ago and it happened to be on the weekend the austouring bunch came to town.

Four of us left on Saturday morning and headed to Mole Creek via the back roads and it seemed we would run into the austouring group at many places as they went to devils gullet which was in our direction.Also had a visit from Dirtisgood.

We stayed at the Mole Creek Caravan Park which is a top place to stay and visit the area.Info

The Caves are in the Karst National Park, Cave Info
The Mole Creek Karst National Park was declared in 1996 to provide protection for some of the finest and most visited cave systems in the State, including Marakoopa and King Solomons Cave. Both caves are open to the public, and provide the opportunity to take a deeper look into the fascinating world of 'karst' landscapes.
While in the area we also went to the Trowunna Wildlife Park, Info Here

Link to trip map Here

More Pics Here

Time for some pics.

Trip up lunck stop at Wilmont

004.jpg

Scenic point

008.jpg

007.jpg

Chattin with the other group of riders.

009.jpg

012.jpg

Cabin and views

122.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

128.jpg

The fern walk to Marakoopa Cave.

117.jpg

109.jpg

The cave

101.jpg

096.jpg

078.jpg

074.jpg

075.jpg

041.jpg

End day 1, more pics here

Indie

Getting the hang of it
Okay day 2 started at the wildlife park then onto King Solomon cave.

Pics say it all.

Skulls

133.jpg

134.jpg

Kangaroo

144.jpg

Koala

148.jpg

153.jpg

Rosella

163.jpg

Wombat

164.jpg

165.jpg

Kangaroo

168.jpg

172.jpg

176.jpg

177.jpg

This park is high on the list of breeding disease free Tasmanian Devils.

180.jpg

181.jpg

182.jpg

184.jpg

188.jpg

189.jpg

Wedge Tail Eagle

195.jpg

Some lazy Wombats

201.jpg

211.jpg

The final cave.

064.jpg

220.jpg

More pics in first post link.

Thanks for looking.

KingStrom

Long Timer
Great report Indie. I see you ran into Glitch and the crew along the way, small world this place isn't it!!! I didn't get my act together quick enough and missed the ride but made up for it with a trip with Steve and we headed out to look at the big tree and Dip Falls.
I will have a ride report when time permits or this mob stop yakking and taking the piss out of each other long enough to recall what we've done and where we've been.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
What a sweet part of the globe that area is...didn't visit the caves this time, have to loeave it for the next trip.
Great to meet up on the road :chug:

Top Bottom