Big-Ride Fever !!

farawayman

Long Timer
How many are going on this trip? I cant wait to see more photos, just finished reading thru the Toranti trip and wish I had known about it 'years' ago, so I could have gotten my licence right there and then, and put my hand up!!

Careful what you wish for, Honey. There are all sorts of consequences for those sorts of wish's.

Your work suffers
your home life suffers
your sleep suffers
You surf the net more researching, where, how, why.
Which in turn affects the rest of life, you know, work, home life, sleep.

That Glitch has a lot to answer for, bastage :doh:

Run, run now before it's too late :whistle:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
How many are going on this trip? I cant wait to see more photos, just finished reading thru the Toranti trip and wish I had known about it 'years' ago, so I could have gotten my licence right there and then, and put my hand up!!

6 for the T2...incl. 2 double headers from down-south (Taswegians).
Five AT-lers out of that...and we'll hopefully meet up with a few more forum members over there.

7 for the Fire'n Ice_2...NZ North Island early March '10.
All members here...incl. Jimbo coming from Oregon for another dose of "them Aussies" :bs

221.jpg

He didn't want to leave this place last time (as the rest of us, really)
Pounawea/ The Catlins/ South Island
208.jpg

Here's the link to the whole yarn:
http://www.austouring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802

Groups for those kind of rides have to be small to be flexible and be able to get "off the mark" instantly when circumstances require.
There's also quite a commitment in many ways...stuff like that isn't organized within a week, it usually starts off 1-2 (or even more) years before the event.
Which then results in targets/ roads/ tracks that hardly even the locals know ...and NO commercial operator would be game enough to take a bunch of "bike-tourists" through. :chug::devil:

Careful what you wish for, Honey. There are all sorts of consequences for those sorts of wish's.

Just lift your hand quick enough when the next call goes out...:whistle::whistle:
How many more you gonna miss? :bees::bees:

Pete, you have a lot to answer for my friend and I think you're gunna get it when we all meet up at the rally, if not before. :bees::cdle:bow:
Bring on Fire and Ice............:looney: :so:bs

Hi Honey, One thing I have learnt in the short time I've been involved with this crazy mob :looney: is you have to be quick off the mark with the trips Pete organises.
Just keep your eye out and visit the forum regularly. Sooner or later you'll jag one that suits you. :woot:
Next one is the Austouring Rally Australia Day weekend to meet and greet members from around the country. Grab hubby and some gear and come along. If you can stand the lunacy :bees::looney:. The more the merrier. :chug:

H

Honda Honey

Australia Day... grrr.. husband isnt getting a xmas break this January, will have to see closer to the day if we can make it. Where is it going to be held?
(btw, Im a full time stay at home mum, kids are teens now, hmm old enough to look after themselves perhaps? lol i have sat at my pc since Friday, reading the T1 thread, totally engrossed in the photos and stories.. I reckon its enough to be published in a tourist magazine or book...)

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Australia Day... grrr.. husband isnt getting a xmas break this January, will have to see closer to the day if we can make it. Where is it going to be held?

Just down the road from you :chug:
http://www.austouring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2438

So far, there's about 20 coming....and from all over the place.
Happy to see Don from Brissie again... there's at least Graeme from Adelaide (possibly bringing another couple of croweaters), Newcastle and Siddeney...
it's shaping up well.

Also got this year's V-Strom Farkle-King roped into it...think we've gotta start a pot to get Jamie pissed senseless right at the start, so he quits bothering everyone about what bling they should bolt onto their bikes :guff:guff:guff

(btw, Im a full time stay at home mum, kids are teens now, hmm old enough to look after themselves perhaps? lol i have sat at my pc since Friday, reading the T1 thread, totally engrossed in the photos and stories.. I reckon its enough to be published in a tourist magazine or book...)

Well thats easy then, just leave hubby at home and come along anyway:woot:. There will be plenty of us to look after you :whistle:(if you need it) otherwise just good company and great roads.
Yep, as I said Pete has a lot at answer for...........:bt

Top Bottom