Marysville and beyond.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
I had the chance to take the long way to the meet point.

The ride up Mt Donna Buang was a chore of slow moving beasts.
Just onto the dirt on Don Road, I encountered a deer the size of a horse.
Just onto Donna Buang Road, we encountered a painfully slow cruiser parade. It was a toss up on whether to overtake or sit at the back of the column and wait for the panic when the road turned to dirt…..sure enough, pandemonium in the last 30 cm of bitumen…. :killingme
Onto the Acheron Way and then into the forest.

Just for something different, we turned right.

And then we turned around and took the normal road up the hill.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Re: Vic - Sat 2 May - Marysville and beyond.

On the way to the lookout above Marysville, I took the road Fuzzy directed Williamson on the CB1000 down a few years back. Turns out, it’s a great little road that drops you onto the road to Stephenson’s Falls.

A quick stop in Marysville.

Someone seems a little too happy to be mechanic…. :so

Well, if it’s good enough for the KTM… :bs

Towards Buxton, we veered off onto Mount Margaret Road and again turned right where we normally go left.

It was a little chilly at lunch but quite genteel. Worryingly, the log was not very stable.

The sound of the jazz being streamed to the iphone was drowned out by the blahht of Moyston tearing around on the XT.

Back down the hill and over Cathedral Range.

Road works a plenty at Clarkes Rd. :wot:

The day was already getting long.

Sir Francis

Displaced person

Onto Grannys Lane and into Molesworth where it now appears to be a 80km/h zone all the way back to Yea. :doh:

Naturally, we took the diversion…

Faz has the KLR advertised for sale. I recall the ad mentioning something about one careful owner… :bs

Heading back into the forest, I stopped to check the road works signs. It advised road closed for bridgeworks until 30 April….

…well, of course 35 minutes later…. :doh:

It was well and truly dark when we rolled into Healesville.

Trip distance: 345km for me.

Sir Francis

Displaced person

I had a couple of pic sent through from the guys titled photos from today’s ride.

I really should get some new glasses, I missed these all together… :wot:

Guess who is still making their wheels out of cheese… :whistle:

twowheeler

two wheels are best
I've never seen the beach at Marysville. My eyes were drawn to the peeling paint on the shelter. They should fix that. And the sand on the rug. That would be annoying.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I've never seen the beach at Marysville. My eyes were drawn to the peeling paint on the shelter. They should fix that. And the sand on the rug. That would be annoying.

Maybe they were really WAY beyond Marysville W-)W-)

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Just did some googling.

Yea to Moelsworth is now an 80kmh zone.....:bang::bang::bang:

As is most of Coldstream to Yarra Glen...:bang::bang::bang:

Fuzzy Dunlop

Unleash the inner wombat
Just did some googling.

Yea to Moelsworth is now an 80kmh zone.....:bang::bang::bang:

As is most of Coldstream to Yarra Glen...:bang::bang::bang:

Its for your own protection, mate. If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about. Love it or leave it.....and so-forth.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Its for your own protection, mate. If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about. Love it or leave it.....and so-forth.

The fishwits in the SUVs were so slow down Mountain Hwy from sassafras yesterday that the pushbike riders were queuing up to overtake.....:bang:

Top Bottom