Miss Ally's first grand moto tour

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Thanks for taking us along.
Some sweet pics there...and it looks like you guys had a cracker of a time.
Even better for Stubborn Chester, I love it when things turn out well.
A well-worth purchase by the looks of it.

Couldn't believe the hordes up at Mt. Kozcie :eek:
Sweet shot of Mt. Buffalo Chalet, too...it's a crying shame to see the Grand Old Dame on the mountain fall to pieces.
Some NYE dinner a looong time ago in the high-ceiling dining room out the back will never be forgotten... monogrammed linen serviettes, VicRail cutlery and all.

Sounds like Chester will hang around for a while :thumbs:

John_Johnny

Long Timer
I really did enjoy this thread. It occured to me that even though the people who post on this forum are active, there are many people wheelchair bound or in nursing homes, retirement villages etc, who would have their lives brightened by the beautiful pictures and stories on this forum. In this modern age of smartphones and ipads, I think anyone who knows people in these circumstances could encourage them to browse austouring.com. Fire off an email to the nursing home/village whatever. You might make a big difference to someone's life.

Also re the Buffalo Chalet, write your local State Member. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

nev

Super Térrarist
I really did enjoy this thread. It occured to me that even though the people who post on this forum are active, there are many people wheelchair bound or in nursing homes, retirement villages etc, who would have their lives brightened by the beautiful pictures and stories on this forum. In this modern age of smartphones and ipads, I think anyone who knows people in these circumstances could encourage them to browse austouring.com. Fire off an email to the nursing home/village whatever. You might make a big difference to someone's life.

Also re the Buffalo Chalet, write your local State Member. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

The gov't allocated $50M a year or so back to spend on the Chalet to give it a bit of a spruce up.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I really did enjoy this thread. It occured to me that even though the people who post on this forum are active, there are many people wheelchair bound or in nursing homes, retirement villages etc, who would have their lives brightened by the beautiful pictures and stories on this forum.

Just spread the word...and some links to stories you enjoyed.
The place is certainly getting frequented regularly by some visitors, some have even decided to join up.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I thought the only Jingellic show ever was when the ADVrider mob came to town dropping their pants and going for a skinny-dip after having a skin-full
:bs:bs

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Good bye Chester the Stubborn....

P1050864-XL.jpg

He's still sitting in my garage but has been paid for in full.

After a tour around Victoria and a commute back to Brisbane, he will be living with a man called Cupcake. :thumbs:

Top Bottom