Miss Ally's first grand moto tour

Sir Francis

Displaced person

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Good bye Chester the Stubborn....

P1050864-XL.jpg

He's still sitting in my garage but has been paid for in full.

After a tour around Victoria and a commute back to Brisbane, he will be living with a man called Cupcake. :thumbs:

Aah that moment when you start receiving toll fines, rego renewals and camera fines for a bike you sold 5 months ago.....:bang:

Oh well, Mr Cupcake has till the end of the week to complete the transfer out of my name or Chester the stubborn is reported stolen.....:devil:

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Aah that moment when you start receiving toll fines, rego renewals and camera fines for a bike you sold 5 months ago.....:bang:

Oh well, Mr Cupcake has till the end of the week to complete the transfer out of my name or Chester the stubborn is reported stolen.....:devil:

I would be treading carefully on this one.

Assuming you completed and signed the relevant sections of the registration transfer form (for the buyer to send the original to VicRoads and you keep a copy for your records) I don't think you would want to be making a nuisance of yourself with the local police buy reporting the bike as stolen.

I've had a few similar situations with cars and bikes. All I had to do was to present my copy of the registration transfer form to an RTA / VicRoads Customer Service Centre (CSC) and the kind, helpful, knowledgeable people there took care of everything.

It was easy when the CSC was a couple of levels below the Traffic office at Camberwell, but a damn nuisance when I had to cross Pascoe Vale Road, Broadmeadows.

My two cents ....... whether it's worth it, or not.

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
Tell Cupcake we'll send Powderpuff around to give him a dusting if he doesnt sift through the paperwork and rise to the occasion, its been on the backburner too long.
You cant be kept simmering on this.
At least you've got the dough!

John_Johnny

Long Timer
Willo is correct. You'd be in deep doggy doo if you reported the bike stolen.

Now that you're a country boy, there should be no queue at the Vic Roads office. When I was working (attending) at Vic Roads in Carlton the queue was out the door but Wang or Wodonda will be straight in, straight out.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
I would be treading carefully on this one.

Assuming you completed and signed the relevant sections of the registration transfer form (for the buyer to send the original to VicRoads and you keep a copy for your records) I don't think you would want to be making a nuisance of yourself with the local police buy reporting the bike as stolen.

My two cents ....... whether it's worth it, or not.

Why do serious Willy?

I know all I gotz to do is waste a fekken hour of my time farting around with stat decs and because it's QLD I've got to line up to buy stamps n crap because they ain't herd of email.....FFS :bang:

Oh and don't get me started tonight about the fekkers at Victoads, Telstra, REST super and numerous energy companies.....who confirm my change of address but continue to post to the old one.....

John_Johnny

Long Timer
Well if you correctly lodged your copy of the notice of disposal with Vic Roads, you can't get fined.
Ultimately if some Qld agency pursued this, they would lose but I feel your pain. Before you prevailed in court, you would have your credit rating trashed and be subjected to all sorts of threats. Some companies even sell their outstanding debts to low lifes. Been there, done that. Can't really think of any way to avoid the paperwork, but I guess it has to be done. Just make sure you keep records.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Well if you correctly lodged your copy of the notice of disposal with Vic Roads, you can't get fined.
Ultimately if some Qld agency pursued this, they would lose but I feel your pain. Before you prevailed in court, you would have your credit rating trashed and be subjected to all sorts of threats. Some companies even sell their outstanding debts to low lifes. Been there, done that. Can't really think of any way to avoid the paperwork, but I guess it has to be done. Just make sure you keep records.

Annoyingly Victoads removed the requirement for seller to lodge a copy a number of years ago relying on the buyer to do the right thing. And of course when they don't, it's the seller that gets to waste their time sorting it out....

John_Johnny

Long Timer
Really? I sold my Chrysler Voyager 2 years ago. Filled out the transfer forms on my kitchen bench. Gave buyer his copy and 10 minutes after he drove off I went into local Vic Roads and lodged the form. 2 days later I got an angry call from the Romanian buyer from Melbourne. He said I should have waited until he got it roadworthy. Yeahh, right!

ps. Vic Roads refunded my reg pro rata.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Really? I sold my Chrysler Voyager 2 years ago. Filled out the transfer forms on my kitchen bench. Gave buyer his copy and 10 minutes after he drove off I went into local Vic Roads and lodged the form. 2 days later I got an angry call from the Romanian buyer from Melbourne. He said I should have waited until he got it roadworthy. Yeahh, right!

ps. Vic Roads refunded my reg pro rata.

Sounds like you cancelled the rego. Surprised they refunded if you didn't hand the plates in.

Top Bottom