Woods Point loop

nev

Super Térrarist
It's been a while since I went up the Woods Point road, and after coming through Matlock on a ride last weekend I decided that with the cooler weather today I'd hit the dirt again and have lunch at either the Woods Point or Kevington pub, depending on where I was at an appropriate time.

I didn't get away as early as I'd like because it was raining in the morning.
Then I got about 10 km down the road and realised I'd left my Spot tracker on the other bike, so back home to pick that up as a bit of insurance as I was riding alone. Plan was bitumen to Cambarville, Warburton Eildon Road, Eildon Jamieson Rd, Woods Point Road, back to Cambarville and home again.

When I got to Cambarville I decided to take the dirt road signposted up to Cambarville. Never been up there before, so I took a detour. It lead to a small campsite but the road continued and so did I.

IMG_20151221_111116.jpg

IMG_20151221_111724.jpg

A check of the GPS showed that this road was connected to Warburton Eildon Rd by Messmate Ridge Road. I rode to that intersection, but the Messmate Ridge Road wasn't to my liking. Little used, covered in leaf and branch litter and heading down into a gully and looked rutted ahead. A road for another day when I have company to help me get back out of there I reckon.

Back to Cumberland junction and onto the Eildon Warby Road. It was a bit rocky in places, but hard packed, dry and not dusty at all. It was very good going and great fun.

IMG_20151221_115059.jpg

IMG_20151221_120452.jpg

By the time I hit Jamieson it was already 12:30. I was still 45 mins or so away from Kevington, and then another 2-3 hours to home that way so I decided to head the other way, through Eildon and Thornton to Buxton.

IMG_20151221_130051.jpg

Stopped at the Buxton roadhouse for a burger - best burger around.
Jo and I rode across from Toolangi to Buxton a few years back, and I tried to find the road to head back across the hills but a few roads I tried went eihter onto private property or into plantation forest closed to public. Tried again at Narbethong but more closed plantation forest. Ended up heading back down the black spur and home again.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Unleash the inner wombat
Stopped at the Buxton roadhouse for a burger - best burger around.
Jo and I rode across from Toolangi to Buxton a few years back, and I tried to find the road to head back across the hills but a few roads I tried went eihter onto private property or into plantation forest closed to public. Tried again at Narbethong but more closed plantation forest. Ended up heading back down the black spur and home again.

Plantation Road outta Narby is the one you wanted. Keep bearing left until you hit the new concrete bridge and on to Toolangi.

John_Johnny

Long Timer
Is that the Igloo Roadhouse Nev? I did a Google search of Buxton burger and clicked on images. Yummo!!! I gotta get me one a those. :bt

nev

Super Térrarist
Plantation Road outta Narby is the one you wanted. Keep bearing left until you hit the new concrete bridge and on to Toolangi.

I headed down Plantation Rd in Narby, but that was signposted no public access too after the Manby Rd intersection.

nev

Super Térrarist
I've relinked to the pics. Still trying to work around the new security that google has put on google photos and sharing. It's a bit hit or miss ...

IMG_20151221_150916.jpg

Top Bottom