Toolangi Forest Ride

Captn Spock

Ride along and prosper
Staff member
So went out with my good mate who is a passionate BMW guy. We met at Toolangi Tavern on the way there. Then rode through some forest roads. On the way we met some hardcore dirt riders. Good blokes they were. They actually took a dive in the river just coz they could.. :D

One of them tried to cross it on his XT600. Didnt make it. We pulled him back out. My BMW fanatic friend showed me his fully kitted GS. One of the most brand fanatical blokes I've met. He also wore BMW gloves, tshirt.... everything:eek:

Here are photos

Just parked
20130105_105440_zps6d24a31b.jpg

Geoff sporting his BMW Rally Pro adv suit
20130105_105447_zpsf8a61bf2.jpg

I thought he nearly made it when he got half way
20130105_112123_zps1a446d6b.jpg

But then we had to pull him back.
20130105_112206_zps733787cd.jpg

Eventually we followed these 2 blokes we met. They promised me they wouldnt take me anywhere the Strom couldnt go. Ended up coming out of Buxton. Had lunch at Buxton Burger. Got the sticker from them also.

On the way back, rode Black Spur, Myers Creek Road and back home. On Myers Creek Road, the Strom came out with flying colours. I rode the thing like I'd ride the ZX6. Change of direction is very natural and the bike is capable of carving corners. So much so that I caught up with a group of super sport riders. All of them on GSX-Rs. None of them could ride or corner a motorcycle. I wasnt going super quick. Much slower than I would otherwise have been on the zx6. Wonder why blokes who can't ride buy GSXR-1000s?W-)

Anywho, top day out. :clap:

Top Bottom