'Bogies Boogie, Yeeha!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Cool pics :glu:tu

BTW, while Shrek is so much on diet - how tall is Goodie´s carriage luggage :whistle::whistle::whistle:

??
Sorry mate...don't quite get the question...

But I'll try some answers anyway.
Goodie's about 5'10" (178cm)

How high is the top box off the ground?
No idea...guess, like any other Strom with a 25mm rise in the back and a Hepco TC50 topbox.

What makes the topbox look higher than usual is that it sits ~25-30cm further forward than normal, due to the VERY short tail of the bike.

You should see this with panniers :looney::looney: :bs

castle-of-teckk

V-Strom Nut
Ich meinte den Englischen Begriff für "Handgepäck" von wegen Alpen und so...

...eigentlich müsste Shrek dann doch leicht in Goodie´s Handgepäck passen :bees:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Ich meinte den Englischen Begriff für "Handgepäck" von wegen Alpen und so...

...eigentlich müsste Shrek dann doch leicht in Goodie´s Handgepäck passen :bees:

Handgepaeck= hand luggage
Vielleicht sollt' ich mal mit Emirates Air palavern :)

It'd be nice to have the Shrek for the Tornanti ride....guess, we'll have to suffer through it on the BM's though...:chug::bs

stewy

Still young and stupid
wow, those photo's are just amazing, it's something i hope to learn in my older years, how to stop and take a pic or too, atm i just can't wait to reach the up coming and coming twisities though sometimes i do have a quick glance, on those longer pesky straight bits in between the corners :rofl:

Looks like it was a great ride

adriano

Just through the door
here's the last of my pics.

next time i'll go for a swim
p340010300.jpg

and for some fun, Peter's getting some elevation for the river x'ing :bt
p278386789.jpg

and getting a wee bit closer, sussing out the line.
p377438919.jpg

and we're over :chug:
p209002190.jpg

my favourite sections of this ride were through the Strathbogie's and this hidden gem from Ruffy - certainly not the high plains, but kinda like the mid plains - with a touch of 'Hidden rock' in it - it certainly has some spirit.
p416399966.jpg

p368053933.jpg

and still the wind was blowing
p59233432.jpg

after refuelling in Yea, and heading in the wrong direction down the Melba Hwy, I took the Flowerdale road, and followed the path of fire into Whittlesea back to Melbourne. Flowerdale, West King Lake, and then bordering Whittlesea were just one contiguous scene of devestation. I stopped only for this rare tinge of green, and signs of renewal.
p189305810.jpg

p220180442.jpg

home at 7.10pm - not quite 12hours on the road, with the itch that had not been scratched in earnest since our weekend ride on 19th of Jan well and truelly satisfied.

Top Bottom