Slow Road to Combienbar

twowheeler

two wheels are best
Was thinking of heading up to Snowys 2nd week in Jan for a spot of fishing and might see if the Combienbar goes all the way through

What camera are you using? the shots are nice and crisp

Marty that'd be a great ride, especially on something like a Tiger XC. You'll be off the well-trodden path. Last fuel is at Newmerella.

At the point where the Combienbar Road bitumen ends, the road forks. The photos in the RR are only of the RH fork ("Buldah Trail"), which appears to be rarely used and is therefore more appealing. The LH fork ("Hensleigh Creek Road") looks like it gets more use and appears to go directly up into the range. Its very first corner - an uphill LH hairpin covered in fist-sized rocks - scared me off trying it on the R.

The camera is a Sony A-700 DSLR, with a couple of their (bloody expensive) G lenses. I basically only use the 16-105mm lens - it's compact & versatile with brilliant low-light capability.
I'm thinking about buying a good compact camera as the Sony needs to be packed in a tankbag or the topbox, which makes it slower to grab a shot, but the picture quality is usually worth it. And I'm realising that I like stopping - it obliges me to chill and enjoy the whole experience :cool: .

Hytram

<-- now went that way

After a few hundred metres of this, I thought better of it and turned back. Various maps show this trail connects with other tracks and eventually comes out in the Quinburra / Bendoc region on the border. Too isolated to be tackled on my own on an unsuitable bike (perhaps I need a more dirt-oriented bike to go with the R, heh ? :lol: ), I'll leave this for another trip.

and it does go all the way through, and very well worth it

and it has Tiger attacking Trees
and Tiger attacking Wombats
and some really enjoyable dual track

will post some more up over the coming week or 2

Top Bottom