Destination - Rushworth/Tatura

jo

I'm a wimp!
“Let’s go somewhere we’ve never been to!”
“OK”
“How about Rushworth?”
“OK”

That’s was the plan for the weekend!
This weekend is one of the few that Nev is not working and nothing on the agenda.
There was no concrete itinerary to follow for weekend but to take the bikes out and head to a destination… any destination.
The weather predictions for Melbourne didn't look great but on the other side of the range it looks good.
Nev can probably provide the full track and how he tried/attempted to confuse/loose me!

Some highlights for the weekend
- Broadford: nice stop for a BLT
- Heathcote – Graytown National Park: what a fantastic place for a ride and potential great camping area.
There must have been something on at the park over the weekend as we were stuck behind a convoy of sedans.
P5037710.jpg

P5047742.jpg

- Whroo: how is that pronounced?
- Rushworth: it’s a history town with very wide roads. Remnant of bygone days when gold was flowing through. The only motel in town was full.
Don’t forget to stop and whistle.
P5037713.jpg

:whistle:

P5037714.jpg

P5047725.jpg

- Tatura: what a beautiful town. There’s a huge water catchment (Waranga Basin) with irrigation channels nearby.

P5037720.jpg

P5047723.jpg

-We followed Tom Tom but when there’s a gate – we just had to go through, even if it ends up on private property!
The important thing was the farmer didn't kick us out with a gun.

P5047747.jpg

P5047758.jpg

P5047759.jpg

P5047762.jpg

We missed most of the rain. The roads were wet but just copped a few drizzle.

jo

I'm a wimp!
Did you manage one of the award winning snot blocks from the Tat bakery.....
For breakfast the pie win! Got to save something for next time.

They certainly got lots of trophies. I think selling bake goods is their secondary business and entering all the competition is their primary.

Top Bottom