Adelaide-Batemans-Adventure!

senfiddy

Tour Pro
Woot! Senfiddy leaps into the new millenium.:lol:

Cruised out of Cooma into some threatening weather around Berridale so I suited up for the ride into Jindabyne.

East Jindabyne
eDSC_0121.jpg

Had a cup of coffee, sent an annoying text or two, then continued on to the good stuff.
eDSC_0123.jpg

Leather Barrel Creek
eDSC_0126.jpg

eDSC_0134.jpg

Despite having enormous fun on the bitumen, just short of Khancoban I had a little dirt diversion.
eDSC_0135.jpg

eDSC_0136.jpg

So looking forward to the Jan long weekend. :glu

Lake/Dam at Khancoban
eDSC_0138.jpg

Almost at Corryong
eDSC_0142.jpg

Onto Tallangatta for a late lunch, then lose my way and almost wind up in Wodonga again before re routing into Yackandandah and then on to Myrtleford.

Just out of Myrtleford
eDSC_0148.jpg

After Myrtleford where I sought the advice of the Information gals.
"What's the road past Lake Buffalo like?"
" It's fine I often send caravanners down there"

After experiencing that road, which is fantastic by bike, I reckon if I was a 'caravanner' I'd go back and beat her to death with something that had fallen from my van due to the corrugations. :upyrs:That's if I'd survived the Kamikaze truck drivers. :D

I wondered what this track would be like on an unloaded bike
eDSC_0150.jpg

Along the Rose River Road
eDSC_0152.jpg

After Whitfield, the road was sealed and mucho fun was had on the way to Mansfield for the day's end.
eDSC_0154.jpg

I must mention the park I stayed in. Got a 'Biker's discount', the cleanest, best appointed cabin of the trip and a pillow I'd like to swap with the one at home.:thumbs: Yeah, I'm soft. :bt

http://www.highcountryholidaypark.com.au/

BB63

SV, DRZ & now DL Rider
We have stayed at that park a couple of times now and highly recomend the place, very bike friendly as the owners are riders as well. :thumbs:
0809chrissytrippics027.jpg

The owner even recognised us as we pulled up after 2 years since our last visit.
Cheers brian

senfiddy

Tour Pro
Mansfield was to be the jumping off point for the Wonderland (according to Pete) that is the Strathbogies.
Here is his suggestion

And here's what happened:

I think the Strathbogie to Seymour was the only bit I got right. :lol:

I was using a Google Map print out and I reckon some of the road names differed, so I missed out on a lot of the through the forest bit. Oh well, add it to the list of 'Must do'.:so

Pete was right but, some classic scenery and great roads.
eDSC_0158.jpg

eDSC_0162.jpg

eDSC_0163.jpg

eDSC_0166.jpg

After a time, you cross a grid and presumably you're riding through a property.
eDSC_0168.jpg

eDSC_0169.jpg

In a roadside park just prior to Seymour (I think)
eDSC_0171.jpg

eDSC_0173.jpg

Some minor adjustments were made to Mule in Seymour, outside the Yamaha bike shop that would be closed by now. :( Reckons he can make a better living driving trucks after 19 years in the shop.

So off generally westward I head, just about stopped at Hanging Rock but was trying to conserve time.
Stopped for lunch at some hippie food place in Daylesford and it gave me a chance to study the map and plan my next move. - Ballarat.

Just outside Daylesford I saw a sign saying 'Old Ballarat Road' Yay!
eDSC_0180.jpg

Great scenery, dodgy surface, no other traffic and the fact that it took me back to Daylesford was the only problem.:rofl:

Ballarat reservoir
eDSC_0182.jpg

Quick re-fuel in Balla then try to find my way out :oops:
And eventually we're back on the road, head down, next stop Ararat.

From there a quick blast across to Halls Gap for the night.
Here's a couple of shots from the next morning's walk
eDSC_0203.jpg

eDSC_0206.jpg

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
And here's what happened:

I think the Strathbogie to Seymour was the only bit I got right. :lol:

Dead on, mate!!
I know what happened....T-intersection in the bush and you turned left.... and back to the Hwy. Turn right next time and just foillow the main track.

Just south of Strathbogie, you also have to turn onto Tames Rd and "loop" it into town...the road marked on the map used to be the main road until the old timber bridge collapsed near the entrance to Strathbogie Golf Club.

Mate, I'm glad you found the rest....how's that bit of Killeen Rd. after it goes through the farmbuildings, up the hill in a couple of switchbacks, then the rollercoaster between the fence lines and trees?
Awesome, eh?

LOVE your pics!!
Great stuff. :clap::clap:

senfiddy

Tour Pro
After taking heaps of crap pics on my morning walk at the back of the caravan park, I saddled up and took off. The road to the Silverband Falls looked good, so I gave it a bash. Lovely! And ONE WAY for a time. :so
eDSC_0210.jpg

I really wanted to ride the Glenelg River Road but that was closed for repair. And when I saw a sign telling me it was 60ks to Horsham with me only having 50ks worth of fuel left, I was kicking myself that I didn't fuel up in Halls.

From one of the many lookouts - Glenelg River Road
eDSC_0214.jpg

Looking westward
eDSC_0218.jpg

eDSC_0217.jpg

After Horsham I came upon Mt Arapiles which I had previously seen only from a distance. Very impressive! I'd like to see it used as our Mt Rushmore.
Can't think of many Prime Ministers that would be worthy but.
eDSC_0220.jpg

I've just found on Google Maps that there is a Mt Arapiles Summit Road.

Must get back there. :)

Just up the road is Mitre Rock. Popular with climbers it seems:
eDSC_0222.jpg

10 points if you can spot the climber.:cool:

Stopped to buy a paper and some Fanta:
eDSC_0223.jpg

No senfiddy expedition is complete without a stop at the Amberlight in Lobethal. :thumbs:
eDSC_0224.jpg

stewy

Still young and stupid
he is all most central in the pic on the horz. line and just to the right of center on the vert. (red shirt standing upright) stands out like dog balls

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
he is all most central in the pic on the horz. line and just to the right of center on the vert. (red shirt standing upright) stands out like dog balls

...all of which refers to???

R

RoadBandit

Hey, I'm comin' ridin' with you next time Senfiddy... thers some mighty fine scenery in there ...

Top Bottom