Paul and Dixies Eskdale-ent adventure-10 days,many K's

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture
Re: Paul and Dixies Eskdale-ent Adventure (Day 1) Alstonville to Quirindi

The missing ploughed field from the previous page.
[/URL]

I reckon this must be the oldest power pole in current (pun intended) use.
As a kid I used to collect porcelain and glass insulators (the glass ones looked like Darleks!)
One day I “scored” one of the bid brown ceramic types you see on this wooden pole.(it hadnt actually been used yet ;) and was 40 years ago.)
[/URL]

Fortunately I happened upon this historic looking pub at Currabubula – naturally I had to investigate the establishment ;) massive restaurant area and kids playground (and NO accomodation) tell me the place is getting trendy.
[/URL]

I see an inviting view,
[/URL]

And take this road,
[/URL]

Nice :) however I,m now heading North not South so mentally bookmark this road for future exploration ;)
[/URL]

Into Werris Creek now, a railway town with a rich rail history, today- Monday the place was dead save for a coal train stopped in front of the platform (and for a great distance past it!!)
Just a pic of the main street..I bought an Adventure Bike magazine to read over the next few nights as I.d be away from Dixie and you all (sob) without my pc and internet.
[/URL]

Last edited:

John_Johnny

Long Timer

View attachment 772
oops..I,ll try again!

Hi Paul. I see you're using photo bucket, so just select the photo you want and then click/tap on Get Links. You get 4 options, so for this forum choose the bottom link that I've shown circled in red. Then copy and paste it into your post. :)

And as Pete says, the slightest glitch such as a space or a quote will stop it working, so be sure to copy and paste it exactly with no additions or variations.

Edit: Looks like it's all fixed now. Great photos!

Last edited:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member

Hi Paul. I see you're using photo bucket, so just select the photo you want and then click/tap on Get Links. You get 4 options, so for this forum choose the bottom link that I've shown circled in red. Then copy and paste it into your post. :)

It's a stupid thing with Photobucket.
The circled URL-line starts with " crap and things look like this:
http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r674/paulcavanough67/Austouring%2010th%20anniversary%20Eskdale%202016/P1040261_zpsdojcodrg.jpg

Copy this part of the link only, click the little yellow window with the mountain (insert image) at the top of your text-window and paste the address between the [IMG ][/IMG ] tags.
Save/ Submit and all's done.
If doing this in Word or such, copy a set of IMG tags in the location you want the pic at, grab only the http:// address from photobucket/ flickr etc and paste in between the tags, making SURE of no extra spaces either end.

John_Johnny

Long Timer

It's a stupid thing with Photobucket.
The circled URL-line starts with "[ URL=....." whereas ALL that's needed is the actual file location and name, starting with the "http://......"

I think photobucket does it like that so that clicking/tapping on the photo takes you to the photobucket page where you might want to browse further?
Anyway, many ways to skin a cat. :so

Paul n Dixie

Part of the furniture

Into Quiridi now, what a clean pleasant looking place! Well maintained garden beds and a generally VERY tidy streetscape :)
[/URL]

Out of the 3 hotels I had chosen the “Feddy” - Federal, as our local is “The Feddy” I thought it appropriate ;)
FWIW I had been “warned” by a local at the previous pub that the Commercial was “a rough place” and the Feddy should be orright...
[/URL]

Typical country pub bar, a friendly barmaid and cheap cold beer! After a long hot day I was ready to settle in and have a feed and an early night.
The bar person asked if I,d like to see the room first, ? Wtf? Thats a bit posh innit it? I thought..
Nah, just need a bed and a bathroom and a feed and I,ll be right...
After going upstairs to “my room” which was meant to have the key in the door...it didnt. Going back to the bar to obtain said key,-back up again only to find “my”room strewn with someone elses cases and belongings...
Back downstairs and another key, and the advice- if the room isnt made up I,ll get you ANOTHER room.....
FAAARRRRKKK...
To describe the place (accomodation wise) as A DUMP isnt fair at all. It was MUCH WORSE that that...the rabbit warren to my room was strewn with the owners crap.baby cots filled with soft toys and junk,piles of linen-unwashed,farking junk and crap everywhere.The french door into my room was missing a glass panel right where the internal lock is..it had been replaced with part of a “coflute” plastic sign just jammed into the frame...fwiw the room had a tv and air cond .
I didnt sleep in the bed- just on it on my towel. I wont go into detail about the bathroom, but I wore my thongs into the shower..
An attempt to read my ADV magazine was thwarted as the single naked light hanging from the ceiling was of miniscule wattage.The glow from the gift card sized tv was greater! :(

The resident owners punching bag...note the “crimsafe” screened door...
[/URL]

In fairness the beer was cold,the window rattler air con worked, and it all encouraged me for an early start the next day.IE I couldnt get out of the room quick enough!
I snapped a picture of this place next door to the pub. I was attracted by the unique architecture of the Horseshoe.
[/URL]

Stay tuned in, (logged in?) for day 2!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member

:clap::clap:

GREAT YARN!! :chug:

Williamson

Part of the furniture

...I had been “warned” by a local at the previous pub that the Commercial was “a rough place” and the Feddy should be orright..

Just as well you did not stay at the "rough place".

Reminds me of the night a mate and I stayed at the Great Northern Hotel in South Grafton. Click on this thread http://austouring.com/forum/showthre...il+bike&page=7 on go to post #34, and you'll see what I mean, although the room probably wasn't as crappy as yours, the entertainment was a bit ordinary and the cold shower next morning was not what we paid for.

Sir Francis

Displaced person

One of the worst pub stays I've had was in Bowen.

Should've taken the $12 a night fee and no need for even the pretence of a fake name as a warning.....

....the punch holes in the door to my room, filthy bathroom and old derelicts living upstarts should have been the clincher....

...anyways, one of the very few nights on the road where I have made sure the camping tomahawk was within easy reach just in case I had some uninvited evening guests.....:wot:

Top Bottom