Red Ale Ramble

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Sign said it was 40km (in the wrong direction) to Corryong but as I was feeling lucky...

...I figured it was worth a try. So long as I could get the Mighty Scrambler started as its almost 11 year old battery decided now was a grand time to collapse.

P1030703-XL.jpg

P1030704-XL.jpg

P1030705-XL.jpg

42km later I made it to Corryong with 300ml of fuel remaining and 20 minutes before the petrol station shut :thumbs:

I now had enough fuel to make it to Myrtle, again if I could bump start the Mighty Scrambler.

Now the Scrambler was never blessed with an effective headlight and of course with a dicky battery it was a good thing the moon was out otherwise the last hour in the dark would have been somewhat interesting....:whistle:

Success :clap:

P1070502-XL.jpg

743km for the day.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Sunday.

I headed into Bright with Ugly Betty the Destroyer for the regular social ride.

P1070485-XL.jpg

P1070484-XL.jpg

Over Granya Gap.

P1070491-XL.jpg

P1070488-XL.jpg

An hour or so of back roads and we arrived in Chiltern for lunch.

P1070494-XL.jpg

P1070497-XL.jpg

All the meals were fantastic value and the barmaid super friendly. I'm surprised there was so few customers.

P1070496-XL.jpg

www.telegraphhotelchiltern.com.au

A short hop back to Myrtle for more coffee.

P1070500-XL.jpg

Day distance: 212km

Last edited:

John_Johnny

Long Timer
Wild horses. Cool as.

Can you view the hydo generators generating? I once went to the hydo generators somewhere South of Mt Beauty. We entered via a small building and went down a long long way in an elevator where the turbines were whirring away. Very impressive but that was 20 years ago and I don't think it's open to the public anymore. Least ways..not that I can find.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Wild horses. Cool as.

Can you view the hydo generators generating? I once went to the hydo generators somewhere South of Mt Beauty. We entered via a small building and went down a long long way in an elevator where the turbines were whirring away. Very impressive but that was 20 years ago and I don't think it's open to the public anymore. Least ways..not that I can find.

I think you can still view from platform and take tours of the station out of Khancoban but not Tumut 2/3.

Top Bottom