Bernie Blackbird

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Bernie Blackbird or Uncle Bernie as many of us in the Openroad Tourers knew him.

On Saturday 12 July at approx. 12.30pm while on the Frosty Frolic ride, Bernie crashed his motorcycle on a road through the forest near Glenluce (40km north west of Woodend).

Sadly, despite the efforts of his friends and emergency services Bernie died at the accident scene.

Over the last 17 years, I reckon I have clocked more than 100,000km on rides with Bernie,

spent countless nights at dingy country pubs solving the problems of the world,

and the whole time had a huge smile on my face.

All of Bernie’s roadside repairs came with a 30/30 guarantee – 30 seconds / 30 cm.

His trademark stout monkey (and shaggy sheep before that) was a constant companion.

We have organised flowers and condolences on behalf of his riding friends.

Our thoughts are with his wife and family.

I do not know what the formal process is, however his funeral may be delayed if an autopsy if required . Details of his funeral will be communicated in the coming days.

Please PM me if you would like further information.

Moyston

Getting the hang of this.
My heart goes out to his friends and immediate love ones...condolences to all concerned...RIP Bernie...

dougman1

Part of the furniture
I will always cherish the rides we shared with Bernie.

Cheers Mate! "A good bloke gone too soon"

We grieve with family and friends.

RIP Bernie.

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Details of his funeral will be communicated in the coming days.

Thanks!

An absolutely awful outcome from a much anticipated weekend.

Thanks for the good times, Bernie, every ride with you was a highlight and you'll never be far away, brother. Rest in peace.
Sharing the pain with family and friends.

Top Bottom