Peaks + Perks....New England (US) picture book

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Some Google-maps trip-up at home had resulted in a mark on the map...if you come across here, STOP! :woot:

US2016_M_0075.JPG

Impressive size! :eek:

US2016_M_0076.JPG

The door to “Yesteryear”! :eek::lao

US2016_M_0077.JPG

A working museum!!!....with 18mths worth of orders filling the books!!:shock::shock:

US2016_M_0078.JPG

US2016_M_0079.JPG

If one could write FRIENDLY and WELCOMING in double-capitals...it still would fall miles short of those 2 guys and their gem-of-a-place.

US2016_M_0080.JPG

Peter Limmer....last of the line.

US2016_M_0081.JPG

I mentioned “museum”?
Here's their website and a little history online...http://www.limmerboot.com/aboutus.html
For a whole bucketful of history you'll just have to see those guys at their home in New Hampshire....

US2016_M_0082.JPG

US2016_0161.JPG

US2016_0162.JPG

US2016_M_0085.JPG

Young Adam...the Limmer-hopes are resting on his shoulders!!

US2016_M_0086.JPG

I think I could stay here....there is something about a place that’s full of laughs and banter and home-brewed foamies before 9am!! :thumbs::chug:

US2016_M_0087.JPG

A Big Thanks to the Limmer-crew for one hell of a morning-hour out of their working day, the jokes, the laughs, the trinkets, good wishes ...and liquid breakfast (knocked the tops off those up at Mt. Washington, cheers!!)
Can’t wait to see you guys knocking on our door in Melbourne one of those days.
Thanks a million for a great morning!!

Off the Limmer carpark and straight up Hurricane Mountain Rd., a sealed single-laner full of whoopsies and bathtubs, potholes and short, sharp crests, bucking and weaving through the dense maple forests.
Here’s finally one for the Thumpers! :glu

https://goo.gl/maps/yhLhPEfqaP52

Then follow north on the Rt113, occasionally slipping across the Maine border, add a return trip up Mt. Washington, a short return leg up Pinkham Notch for some extra views, a bit of gravel on the
Dolly Kopp + Old Cherry Mountain Rds. ....and start or close the loop at the well renowned Glen Junction Cafe ...and you've got yourself a day you won't forget in a hurry.

Gotta let those guys pass first, though... ( I LOVE that sign!!)

US2016_M_0088.JPG

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Intrigued by the technical side of that railway, it’s off for a scramble down the rocky slopes to have a closer look ....

US2016_M_0105.JPG

US2016_M_0107.JPG

US2016_M_0108.JPG

Anyone with a couple of toothpicks for some fine-adjustment of the tracks?

US2016_M_0109.JPG

Wildcat Mountain ski slopes just across the valley...with the Maine plains beyond.

US2016_0177.JPG

US2016_0179.JPG

US2016_0178.JPG

Straight into Vermont’s Northern Mountains to the west.

US2016_0180.JPG

US2016_M_0110.JPG

US2016_M_0111.JPG

Another Covered Bridge between Whitefield and Twin Falls.

US2016_0181.JPG

Impressive sight!!:thumbs:
The Mount Washington Resort in the western foothills.
Mt. Washington above, to the right.

US2016_0182.JPG

omi

Getting the hang of it
hi pete and goody, amazing photos, i went through it twice, even 3 times , can't stop, can'twait. a new part of america for you - and me . when comes the next lot ?? omi

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
hi pete and goody, amazing photos, i went through it twice, even 3 times , can't stop, can'twait. a new part of america for you - and me . when comes the next lot ?? omi

Yeah, well....sorting pics at the moment.
Thanks for looking in. :D

Edit:
Since the topic has been split into various threads, here are the links to all the parts, in their chronological order.

Checking on Uncle Sam....travel notes, beer and aspen-gold

Peaks + Perks....New England (US) picture book

A Touch Of Quebec (Canada)

Lobster-Tales (Maine, US)

A World Of Its Own...Colorado + The Rockies

Enjoy! :scull:

Top Bottom