Solo trippin' on a Buell Ulysses...WARNING, loads of pics...

B

Buellboy

I was initially drawn to this post by the fact that the write up was about touring on a Buell and as I'm such a great fan of the marque I proceeded to read on.... not finishing it all in one go!

However on returning back to the post I find that there are no photo's anymore........

could someone please explain why?

Thank you!

Christo

Tractor Pilot
The post is 6 years old.

I've seen a lot of photos disappear from forums for various reasons.

Usually because the OP closes an image hosting account that the photos were linked to, or something similar.

The links to this OP's Smugmug account, take you nowhere.

I'm sure Glitch or someone in authority, will be along to give you the good oil eventually.

Don't take it personally, it's not just a Buell thing.

T
Usually because the OP closes an image hosting account that the photos were linked to, or something similar.

The links to this OP's Smugmug account, take you nowhere.

Got it first go.
The images were linked to a SmugMug account that either no longer exists or has been changed.

nev

Super Térrarist
I was just flipping through old ride report and I discovered that all the photo links in this thread are dead. What a bloody shame.

I see from the above posts that the smugmug photo links had crashed a few years ago because they were linked to a smugmug account which had changed, and it appears that the new smugmug account the links to has closed or changed as well.

The image links appear to be attached to a smugmug account for xsquiggy. I looked around for xsquiggy on advrider.com and found that he had changed his user name on advrider to iDave some time back. Trying to change the smugmug url to replace the xsquiggy with idave doesn't work.

I was searching through advrider to see if I could track iDave down and I discovered a post from his brother there, telling the members that Dave had died in suddenly in his sleep 6 months ago, in November 2019. It's a pity the photo links are dead and will probably never be revived. For some reason, who knows what, the entire ride report, text and images has been replaced with a single '.' in the ADvrider Epic Rides reports section, and this applies to a lot of the pictorial ride reports which Dave posted there.

It was that ride report on his XB12X and those photos which were the catalyst for my buying my own XB12X just a couple of months after reading this thread and also for going to Bryce Canyon TWICE.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/sad-news.1417488/

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
:(

What a weird way to slip off the mortal coil...
I read a good number of his yarns on ADV and also on the long defunct UK DualSports forum, but that Buell pick-up run was one of his top-3 scribblings.

Re-read the full story last maybe 5 years ago.....and those pics were always a joy to mull over and compare with my own memories of some of the places.

He certainly was one-of-the-good-ones, bottoms up :chug:

Top Bottom