Tour Pro
the gang left kempsey Saturday morning around 730 am and headed
towards Gloucester via varous back roads
962863090_QfGkk-L-1.jpg

had our latte' and headed up Thunder bolts way to the lookout
962865794_5djMC-L-1.jpg

the view was very good for this time of year
962878580_RfEW6-XL-1.jpg

from here we headed to Nuddle via Stepehens Cutting( Casey Stoner's off season training hill) down to Dungowan for lunch ( foot note anyone traveling in these parts watch out as I have never seen so many cops marked and unmarked we were very lucky ):woot:
then off to the Power House Musemum in Tamworth worth a look if you have never been there
962890696_2cQdM-L-1.jpg

962907602_BA94E-L-1.jpg

962915147_m9Dcv-L-1.jpg

then off to the pub at Walcha Apsley Gorge for beers and food
962968494_JzQ86-M-1.jpg

963001731_iJ62u-L-1.jpg

next morning was a bit frostie so late start
963566414_pAYhE-L-1.jpg

slow cruize down the Oxley as it was bloody cold to Gingers for coffee and sandwich then home before lunch:D sundie

GrahamD

Strom Newbie
Thanks Wacko,

Hey is it possible to post up a map, 'cause I would like to follow in your tire tracks if you knaow what I mean.

Cheers
Graham

Christo

Tractor Pilot
Good one Wacko!

Looks like another cracker of a ride!

Is Thunderbolts being maintained, or is it still in disrepair?

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Jeez...starting to get a swivel-neck.

Don't know where to look first with all those fantastic ride-reports and loads of pics coming in at the moment.
:clap::clap:

Keep it up folks, this is GREAT :chug::chug:

nev

Super Térrarist
Every time I ride past the Powerhouse Museum in Tamworth I say to myself "I don't have enough time today, I have to stop there next time", and every next time I don't have the same amount of time. I REALLY need to make sure next time I'm there at lunchtime or at least set aside an hour or so.

The same went for the Mt Panorama motor museum. I must have ridden past there half a dozen times before i finally stopped and went inside, albeit a short visit, but so much to see and well worth the cheap entry fee even for a short stop.

Thanks for the pics.

wacko-ocker

Tour Pro
Every time I ride past the Powerhouse Museum in Tamworth I say to myself "I don't have enough time today, I have to stop there next time", and every next time I don't have the same amount of time. I REALLY need to make sure next time I'm there at lunchtime or at least set aside an hour or so.

The same went for the Mt Panorama motor museum. I must have ridden past there half a dozen times before i finally stopped and went inside, albeit a short visit, but so much to see and well worth the cheap entry fee even for a short stop.

Thanks for the pics.
yep it does keep gettng better
962933453_R5gYg-M-1.jpg

wacko-ocker

Tour Pro
Thanks Wacko,

Hey is it possible to post up a map, 'cause I would like to follow in your tire tracks if you knaow what I mean.

Cheers
Graham
no problems Graham here is the route week took that weekend
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&....5662,151.88831&sspn=1.179433,2.463684&num=10
between points E and F you can take a dirt road to Nudle we didn't for a couple of reason's, 1. there had been large rain's and flooding, 2. you can wait some time for your food at Nudle pub and we were keen to have a drink PM me as we have been over most for that area
cheers
Rod

goodie

Is it ALWAYS freezing cold in Walcha? We had 3 overnight stops in Walcha in the past and each and every time there was frost overnight! :cold:

Thanks for sharing wacko!

Top Bottom