Weekend ride with Andrew2 and gco0307

W

wobbler

The purpose of this ride was for Garry(gco0307) to get a long test ride in on a DL650

He wanted a mix of everything, and that is what he got.

The ride kicked off from the servo at South Nowra with Andrew meeting us there after Garry and myself picked up the Wee-strom.

DSCF0011.jpg

We had a ring in but he didn't join the trip. The Wee-strom is a popular bike up this way. 2 more pulled into the servo while we were chatting

From there we headed for the Nerriga Rd which is under going roadworks in a transformation from dirt to tar :cry:

DSCF0012.jpg

Some idiot on a 950 kept playing around

DSCF0017.jpg

From there it was onto Nerriga for a refreshing drink and talk ourselves up. Garry was having a ball by this time. On leaving Nerriga I suggested that Andrew take the 950 for a spin.

I was impressed with the pegaso. I thought all big singles vibrated like my old 640 :D

Oallen Ford and time to discuss play time

DSCF0019.jpg

Then it was time for a bit of fun

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0317f.jpg

DSCF0322f.jpg

DSCF0323f.jpg

2006_10140035.jpg

I wont mention that we could have gone the easy way.

IMGP2735f.jpg

2006_10140037.jpg

I think this sums up how much fun play time was

DSCF0325f.jpg

From there it was back on a mix of tar and dirt to our lunch stop in the middle of nowhere for a $4 hamburger that went down very well. Then onto the Hume at Marulan for around 5kms before turning off for the run to Bundanoon and Exeter.

Then it was off down Meryla Rd and into the Meryla State Forest.

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0035.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

One last obstacle for the day in the form of this climb that is just out the back of Fitzroy Falls

Garry did really well on the strom

DSCF0037.jpg

And Andrew even got the front elevated while making it look easy

DSCF0038.jpg

Then I had a play for a few runs

DSCF0041.jpg

Having a breather

2006_10140068.jpg

A reminder not to ride behind a 908RR shod 950 in the dirt

2006_10140067.jpg

From there Andrew set off back to Wollongong via Maquarie Pass while Garry and myself headed into Kangaroo Valley and through to Nowra.

Garry proved what a weapon the little strom is by completey disappearing up and over Cambawarra Mtn.

About 300-400kms for the day with the result of Garry being converted to Adventure bikes and picking up the Wee-strom in a few weeks.

Thanks to Andrew and Garry for a great days riding and the use of there awesome photos for this report

D

dmtl15

Nice photos & ride. If your after another ride companion give us a call as I am keen to increase my off road experience on that sort of terrain. Certainly more civilized than your other report on picking up a dropped bike that looked like a fire trail in Kangaroo Valley somewhere.
If not we could get together for a roll up somewhere & talk bikes.
Your right about a lot of wee stroms around here. The local Suzuki dealer is selling a lot lately.
Dave DL1000

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Sounds like you've had a great day.
Thanks for the RR, good stuff !! :chug: :chug:
And ohhhh, a black Peg...the memories are just about to much :lol:
Your mate finishing up with buying the Wee-Strom was a foregone conclusion :lol: 8) 8) Another one sold.... :)

BTW, seen them advertised on BikePoint for $8613 plus O/R.
Yep...brandspankers 06 model.

V

vbstubby

Great ride report wobbler

glitch said:
BTW, seen them advertised on BikePoint for $8613 plus O/R.
Yep...brandspankers 06 model.

Just checked 'em out. $9,990 ride away - very sharp prices.

Top Bottom