Willy takes a Wee in NZ

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
More views at Kinloch.

Kinloch!! Missed that place the 2.time around in 2012.
Always wanted to stay a night at the Kinloch Lodge :thumbs:
Next time!

How about that Q'town-Glenorchy road, coming around that righthander with the cliff on the right, suddenly looking down the lake and into the glaciers in the background with the road snaking its way along the shore? :lao:lao :slobb

And imagine all those roads without all of the Victorian Road Safety Shyte and Big Brother Fluff....riding and driving FREE as a bird!!
Glorious, isn't it? :glu:glu

Good to finally see you on a decent bike!! :devil::clap:

Williamson

Part of the furniture
I don't think these pics need too many words.

Above Glenorchy:

Some of the views on the way back to Queenstown were spectacular:

Then we found Skippers Canyon:

I suppose this is where we turned around.

The pub with no beer.

We wished we had found Skippers Canyon earlier in the day. By the time we turned around it was around 4:30pm, the bikes were supposed to be back by 5:00pm. The turn around point was only around 1/4 of the wat along Skippers Road, an excuse to ride the full road next time.

The Wee? For a hire bike with 60K on the clock, soft front end (is that usual) and even few rattles & squeaks, I'd like to say it was okay, but that wouldn't be true - it was grouse!!!
:clap:

There I said it, can I take it back?

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
There I said it, can I take it back?

Post locked :bs

Skippers, eh? How good is that!!
On a sunny day it looks like this:
http://www.austouring.com/forum/showthread.php?p=44614&highlight=skippers+canyon#post44614

Of course you read the multiple signs at the start of the Skippers Canyon road...:bt

NZ_Feb13_0152.JPG

Glad you got a tiny taste of what the place has to offer....there's EXCEPTIONAL riding and scenery on the backcountry tracks, good enough for at least a whole week :drool::drool:

nev

Super Térrarist
Willy, It would be funny if it was just on one post, but that sig is distracting in every thread that you've ever posted in. Can you please trim it down to a couple of lines so that the wisdom of the content of posts aren't overwhelmed by it.

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Willy, It would be funny if it was just on one post, but that sig is distracting in every thread that you've ever posted in. Can you please trim it down to a couple of lines so that the wisdom of the content of posts aren't overwhelmed by it.

Nev, yeah I realise it goes on all posts and could be distracting (I was hoping for annoying), I was just waiting for Doug to bite.:bees:

I'll change it soon. :whistle:

nev

Super Térrarist
Nev, yeah I realise it goes on all posts and could be distracting (I was hoping for annoying), I was just waiting for Doug to bite.:bees:

Nah I think he's out of biting practice. I heard he can't afford to buy food since the council put his rates up again.

Williamson

Part of the furniture
Q. What do you do on a cold winter's afternoon?

A. Tidy up some of your pics, stitch a few together and post 'em on AusTouring.

Here's some more.

Paradise:

At Kinloch:

In the foothills above Glenorchy:

On the road to Kinloch, a renovator's delight and an easy restorer:

Skippers (nothing more to say about that):

:slobb

Unfinished business in Skippers, pity I won't be back to take care of it next year.

Top Bottom