Binda and Back

Redback

Just through the door
Left home around 9.30am for a camping weekend at Binda, me on my F650GS single and the daughter on her F650GS 800 twin, out via Picton, Thirlmere stopped for a pie for brekky(highly recommended) then Buxton, Balmoral, Hill Top, Colo Vale, Mittagong, Bowral, Moss Vale, Suttons Forest, and Goulburn for lunch, out to Taralga on the tar, then Laggan and Binda, we did plan to do Swallowtail Pass, but with all the rain, I didn't think Ness would be confident enough to tackle the clay dirt road on road tyres.

We camped in Binda itself, there's a nice flat area behind the old tennis courts with ample shade with an undercover area to eat and cook if you need it, fires are allowed, there's toilets and the general Store has beer and snacks, Pies and sausage rolls, chips and lollies, Pub meals can be had in nearby Crookwell, 20ks away, a better alternative to Bigga.

We spent the weekend touring around the area, had dinner at Bigga on Sunday night, not the best steak I've had, but eatable, Abercrombie Caves are nearby as are Wombeyan Caves, there's a few campsites along the Abercrombie river, just out of Tuena, if you want an alterative, also camping in Tuena, for better access to the caves, all in all a great weekend and the riding was good, Ness really enjoyed herself, she did all the cooking for the weekend on the Trangia, also discovered she is a demon on the dirt

Baz.

Last edited:

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
You might need a minimum post count before you can post pics?

Ah, I see you've already posted pics in other threads

Last edited:
Top Bottom