Sooner or later, we all knew it was going to happen...

Sir Francis

Displaced person
...sorry to disappoint but after a number of failed attempts the Tiger Squadron finally made it to

To be continued...

Sir Francis

Displaced person
We thought we’d meet outside the local Honda shop to show them the adv bike sales they’ve recently lost. :silly:

An easy introduction through the Dandenongs for our new riding buddies Mr Chris on the white Tiger and Mr Pete on that weird orange thing. Pete kindly offered to park away from the Tigers so as to not sully the image of the Tiger Squadron…:)

Coffee at Noojee. White Tigers to the left…

A brilliant ride up Mt Baw Baw.

Green.

As soon as we jumped off the side of the mountain, we found our first obstical.

When Chris’ superpowers failed to move the tree, we took a simpler approach.

The road narrowed.

Closer to Erica.

We stopped for lunch.

Mrs Chris and two Mini-Chris dropped by for a chat.

Walhalla was looking good.

Look out! The boys are in town. :)

The road became rutted and interesting on the climb towards Abberfeldy.

I had no takers for this little diversion.

Chris' Tiger has extra grrrooowl!

To be continued…

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Chris left us to catch up with his family in Walhalla.

Thompson dam.

Thompson again.

Captain Triumph showing off his new skills since last months adv training course. Lookin good CT. :clap:

A final sugar boost at Matlock before the dash to Jamieson.

Just before heading off, we worked out we each had 60km of fuel remaining but 70km to go. Doh! :banghead:

I’m told the ride along the river is beautiful. Unfortunately, we’d been a little too leisurely during the day and our view was…

The caravan park was full at Jamieson. On hearing our pitiful story of having no fuel to make Mansfield, the owner still refused us entry but gave us five litres of fuel and sent us on our way.

All of the free camps we had passed were jam packed and to be honest we just wanted to stop for the night. We headed to the Courthouse Hotel in Jamieson figuring we’d sleep better in a muddy ditch if we had a full belly.

A cheeky word with a cute barmaid and we had a new plan.

Pete said he could get used to our version of roughing it. :)

The band was rocking and the pub was going off! :shred:

Another lazy start as we had to wait for petrol.

Who’s a happy chap?

Captain Triumph headed for the Murray River.

Pete and I did our best to get lost around Gough’s Bay.

A detour to The Paps.

The final climb to the top was rocky and a little tricky.

As soon as we climbed into the Strathbogies, I could hear the Giddy Goat calling…

Weird orange thing.

Looks like Pete did not find my riding tips all that useful… <roll

A surprise cow.

After lunch, a long cut through the Toolangi State Forest.

We had this many bikes fall over this ride and none of them were white….

Trip distance: 625 km

r m

Tour Pro

I had no takers for this little diversion.

I drove this road in the Subaru Outback earlier in the year. Was an interesting drive. The sign does not lie. Would be a challenging ride on a touring/laden bike as it is narrow, stony, slow, scary. Not a road I plan to travel on again any time soon!

Canary

Long Timer
When did you do this trip?

We were out that way today. V Twin and his mate doing the trails and a couple of friends and I rode the bitumen and met up at the Erica pub for lunch.

Us bitumen bashers then headed for Noogee and home via Neerim.

Lots of crap on the road from Erica to Noogee. :wow:

Was a great day for a ride, chilly but not bad riding weather. :D

I was also at the Jamieson Courthouse on a chix ride a couple of weeks ago. The rooms were not too bad for the price and better still had electric blankets and heaters in the rooms. :clap:It was also good to be able to park the bikes out the back and off the road.

Sir Francis

Displaced person
Hi Canary,

This ride was done over Easter his year - tonight I finally caught up with tidying up this year's ride reports today.

Hopefully with the change in ownership things will get better at the Courthouse Hotel. Agreed the rooms were great but the food and beer choice was disappointing.

The new owner also runs a pub in Benella and is a buddy of Big Rob (gildthing75) so I'm guessing Jamieson is going to feature more prominently in our tripping.

Top Bottom