Groaaaann....NOT AGAIN!!

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
It was short but sounded nice!:thumbs:

Jeff

I'm still fighting with MovieMaker, the "editing" app.
Just seem to have mucked up the second, longer file to a point of no-return.

Got a good, clean, unedited mp4 version which I might zip up and upload, otherwise various browsers try to open the file and some keel over resulting in error messages.

Hytram

<-- now went that way
good point,

you can make the link private in youtube, so it can be link from here but no one can see it on your youtube profile or search for it

but that doesn't stop people forwarding the link on, but neither hosting it on your on domain

Mr.Farkles

Getting the hang of it
with those "bad ass" looking pipes....FARQUAR, would be a more appropriate name for Pete's new bike, I reckon. :chug:

robbieb

Tassie Daddy
Reviving this, as it seems the new swamp monster is still yet to be fully road legal. Give us all the goss, Pete?

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
Long story short...while a lot of fun on the very short stretches, that Lazer can is just waaaay to loud, makes you want to get off the bike after 20 mins. (and spent the whole trip in 6th @1500rpm).
Tried to find some bungs that could be modded quickly but no luck.
Finished up in the process with a complete Staintune for a 2008 Speed Triple, through the Trading Post from Hobart, no less!!

The bungs out of those cans proved the wrong type + size (I assumed them to be all the same), but the cans as a whole turned out perfectly usable...so, the right one is going onto the DL (pics later), the left one, "inside-out", onto the Klacka, as that OEM-can had been "treated" with a length of reo and a hammer making the KLR sound like someone thrashing a half-full tin of soup with a big spoon.
:eek:

Modding the Trumpy muffler for the Strom was fairly easy, the can is short to suit the short tail of the Speed Triple, the key hanger bracket just needed some gentle bending in the vice, playing with the new lead-pipe now.
No additional brackets and mods were needed on the bike, a swapover to the Lazer and back won't take longer than a few minutes with everything in place, whichever can is used.

The Lazer will be shelved for the time being until I find some ways and materials to quieten this thing down a fair bit.

Gotta run and get some prepped-last-night bits to the welders now.

Killswitch

aka Faztudo, Dunkin etc
I'm in LOVE!! :lao

650_2_183.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:wow:

Hey Pete, thanks for sharing this link. It has kept me up reading and scrolling through pictures and pages on this forum for days. This is perhaps one of the most impressive projects I have ever seen and I tell ya, I'm [M][P][R][E][E][D].

I suspect there's a long queue of prospective buyers for this bike when you finally get tired of it, or even better if you decide to embark another project, please may I ask that you put my name on that list because I am also in love with this bike! :credit:

Faztudo :bow::bow::bow:

Top Bottom