EuroFest 2019

Hytram

<-- now went that way
Day 0 (Sun)

we all came on to one train in the middle Germany from Paris, Stuttgart and Berlin, 7 of us to Seelfed Austria to check in to the hotel and have the bikes dropped off to us

coming in to Seefeld the snow started, and continued.

it wasnt looking good, so we hit the spa...

77448d75a32e93a8305aac03f3456920.jpg

3265b58fb4255cdb0b95abfcf9a67c8e.jpg

09bdebf85a737b0fff1ed9cfb32ae2fb.jpg

68b7da0ea94afc0c9963b5c8b9e58a4f.jpg

cd3565d4aeaff000a678bf08b8dd99ef.jpg

Last edited:

Hytram

<-- now went that way
Day 1 (Monday)

rain... lots more of it :weather::thun

had to dink one of the the group down to Innsbruck.. very ugly

seeing a couple of the bikes had brand new un-scrubbed rubber, no-one really wanted to go out so we went to the laundrymat and did the washing and had some lunch..

came out from lunch to a dry line on the footpath so if was decided to get at least a 100kms in

did a loop up into Germany into the valleys, didn't rain on us the and the roads ended up dry in the end, last 70km on Autobahn which wasn't great, but it was 190km of riding under our belt and acclimatised to riding on different bikes and on the other side of the road

GPX for the day
http://www.martyh.com/eurofest/Eurofest19 01 Mon 174km.gpx

eeb5d35415065e2b6ae9fe6dd9125041.jpg

a5a3b5dc12042c6d25bb9166fe90bb58.jpg

10b6df4a05995d8e47a221366319a3c5.jpg

84edec131693975e03309b243dab8f0f.jpg

Last edited:

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
:glu
YEAH!!

Great to see you guys hitting the straps!
Some of the high passes were closed over the last 2-3 days because of that Arctic front washing over the Alps.
Good weather coming from the south, temps back up to mid-high 20s in Bolzano already.
Go high soon to enjoy the extra spectacle of snow and autumn colours all at once!!
https://www.wetter.com/italien/bozen/IT0TA0010.html
Another day and it's over, happens fast this time of year.

Hytram

<-- now went that way
I must of read your mind.. Doing the neuschwanstein loop today and hitting the high peaks tomorrow.. Really happy with the weather coming up, for a while there it was looking real bleak..

glitch

Mapping the next ride...
Staff member
I must of read your mind.. Doing the neuschwanstein loop today and hitting the high peaks tomorrow.. Really happy with the weather coming up, for a while there it was looking real bleak..

:so
Goodonya...a quick white dusting up top this time of year only means ONE thing:
ABSOLUTE PRIME TIME!!:lao

Most folks shyte themselves at a closed-pass or 2 though....which makes it even better as the tornantis are YOURS alone! :lao

Can't wait for the pics!

Last day in Poland for us, chased some historical traits today walking the confluence of the rivers Oder and Neisse this arvo (a crucial WW2 area).
Sun was out, nobody around.....and an upscale Lakeside Resort at 75bux/ night for 2...incl. a buffet brecky!!

Tasty and full-sized dinner and drinks for 2 @ $30

Expecting to double that tomorrow night when back in Germany and closer to Berlin. Flying out Thursday mid-morning.

Wishing you guys a monster ride tomorrow. :)

Zuckerbaron

Tour Pro
Hi Marty,

fine that you made it to Seefeld. And that the first km on the roads were dry. :):D

I hope it stays dry and fine. Bonne route to all of you!:thumbs:
I' ll try to follow your tracks.

In the moment I'm sitting in a campervan on the Wild Atlantic Way at Irelands West Coast. Probably we also had all that bad weather up here first hand.:thun
Quite a lot of bikers are around from Britain and the Continent, but man you need really good raingear!
Or a lot of money for the pub:chug:.

Top Bottom